shah269

Too skinny?

Models who walk the runway are supposed to be like "human hangars", so to speak. You're not really supposed to look at her and adore her body, you're supposed to look at the clothes. So, I understand how those women are very thin, but I think if bones are sticking out then she's too distracting.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Wow I just ask one question and look at the number of hateful posts I get.

WOW.....yeah wish you guys and gals the best.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Hateful? My opinion is that a runway model is supposed to be skinny, but too skinny is distracting. You asked our opinion, we're giving you our opinion.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama
No not you, check out page one.
It's ok...it's been a bad day......
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Hi #2

Most of your questions cover the same topic:o. You've dug yourself a deep hole, and you keep on digging:S.

R.

She's only too skinny if she has tiny tits.

Well from the article and from my own experience these women are under intense pressure to be bone thin and that's not healthy.

In a very strange and some what odd way I recall reading an article a year or so back that Victoria Secret Models were healthier with respect to BMI than some of the girls in fashion week.

I've dated size 0 and 00 girls, i suspect one had an eating disorder, was not fun....to stressful for me always worrying they were ok and eating enough.

Furthermore I agree 100% to the article point regarding age minimum. I would even argue it should be 18 but that's just me.

Are you offended?
Well, laugh at the same time then.

Your words..

Live with it.
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

>I would say, that is what a normal human would look like when eating properly

It's funny - back in the middle ages "eating properly" meant eating a lot. Peasants ate celery and nuts because it was cheap to grow and could be had on farms. The upper class ate meat. Thus a fat person was eating properly, and the skinny people were often skinny and malnourished. If you had to put the label "healthy" on someone it was the fattest person around.

Now that we have all this food available "eating properly" generally means not eating much.

Very true. I started working at the Renaissance Faire back when I was 18, doing ballet for 5 hours a day and karate for another 3, and I had something like 7% body fat, not from dieting, I ate anything I wanted, but from so much exercise. I was at newbie orientation and they were discussing the typical Elizabethan peasant diet. The teacher of the class singled me out (and asked me before class if I was okay with it) because I was young and athletic looking (you could see muscle, not bones). He said something to the effect of "while our society today would call you healthy, back in the 1500s, that wasn't the case. You're thin and that would be dangerous... you wouldn't last the winter! Beauty ideals were very different because of health concerns."

Too thin is not healthy. Models are human beings, not coat hangers. If they want to display clothes on hangers, do so. If they want to show how they look on humans, use healthy humans.

You're not really supposed to look at her and adore her body, you're supposed to look at the clothes.

They wear clothes? I guess so, but I still don't see why I'm supposed to look at the clothes. :)

I live next two a couple of hospitals, one of them has an eating-disorder clinic. The law says they have to smoke at least 100 feet away from the hospital, so they stand on the street corner, an entire pack of skinny girls, smoking. They've caused a few car accidents already. Too bad I hate smokers.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Actually, my wife is built like the girl in that picture. I don't consider her too skinny. A girl can definitely be too skinny. That just isn't it, to me.

dwj
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Not all Americans are fat, just the majority of them.:S

I work daily to stay down to flying weight. No donut is as good as not going low on the big way. :P:D It's been tougher recently to stay in shape while I'm rehabbing my shoulder from the surgery I had last Nov. Riding my bike is definitely off limits, so I've been on the stationary machines. Definitely not as enjoyable. Also, you lose a lot of muscle and tone while your arm is in a sling with orders of "don't move it." But soon I'll be back to where I want to be. :)
Is that girl in the picture too skinny? Looks okay to me, but she could probably use a few pounds. I like curves. :)

ZUMBAB|

#2 could try it. Meet lots of people he finds that are his "type".

If #2 can't keep it up, he might be able to get a job as a towel boy for the class as long as he can keep a straight face and stop drooling.[:/]

#2 is going to Yoga classes and whines about the older women.:S

#2 is trying to act like a player in the wall street bars. ;)

#2 is looking for love in alll the wrong places.:o

He could take a Zumba class 7 days a week and maybe he'll be a very happy human.:ph34r:

R.I.P.

Zumba ?
Isn't that organized dancing for white chicks who can't dance? ;)

Nah the girl looked on in the picture if you ask me. Athletic kind of girl I would see at any rock gym.

But I have to agree with the BMI thing and the age limit.
There needs to be a limit as to how thin some one is and it should be treated as a occupational health issue.
The age thing should be looked at as child labor.

Just me just my thoughts.