Nataly

Bad topics for a first date...

I used to just talk about myself for a while, then I'd say "Hey, that's enough about me. Let's talk about you. What do YOU like about me?"B|

Well, in your case, she's probably still talkin'.
Obviously, you passed the probationary period and got the job.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I understand that, but there are still expectations. “Encouraged to chat” is one thing, but look at what people talk about. You have certain expectations of WHAT they will talk about, and those that chat about other topics are bad “dates.” Or expectations that they will talk. You’re having an expectation of what they won’t talk about and that becomes difficult.

You know, quite honestly, in the right context, pretty much anything goes... There are no rules... Heck, my ex who I will probably always think of as The One likely made every "mistake" in the book and somehow it was cute!!! Sometimes you can't put a finger on it - it's just great or it's just terrible... Then you can look for excuses but the reality is that some things (like chemistry) can be quite unpredictable. One more reason why I think meeting is important... You can have incredible texting chemistry, but writing can be soooo easy to misunderstand... I do believe our face-to-face impression of someone is far more trustworthy... Of course, there are no rules... If someone REALLY clicks with you, texting and MSN'ing and calling can also be a way of getting to know someone...

Dunno... Dating can be terribly fun, even when it goes spectacularly wrong... I giggled my ass off with a guy who lied about EVERYTHING on his profile - and even posted someone else's picture - because according to him being on match.com is a shameful thing!! We both agreed it would go nowhere, but we had an entertaining evening complaining about the pitfalls of dating!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I used to just talk about myself for a while, then I'd say "Hey, that's enough about me. Let's talk about you. What do YOU like about me?"B|

Ha HAAAAAAA!!!!
Oh that was good!
Tea all over the desk! HA HA!
That was good!
I've had dates with girls like that all she did was talk about how amazing she was......but she was cute so i just lived with it untill I realized she was a bad lay.
What a waste of my freaking time!

But yes sadly 90/100 most dates with smart / cute girls are like interviews. And well it is what it is....she thinks all you want is to get into her panties....very true....and she is trying to see if you are good enough for access to the VIP room.

We call it the bitch shield.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

One more reason why I think meeting is important... You can have incredible texting chemistry, but writing can be soooo easy to misunderstand... I do believe our face-to-face impression of someone is far more trustworthy.

I agree. If you have chemistry with someone but meet them and the click isn't there, then obviously it will not go any further.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Heck, my ex who I will probably always think of as The One

How can he be The One if he is an ex?

Denial is a very powerful thing!! :P:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Bad topics for a first date...

It doesn't matter what you talk about...

"...Oh Mike, do you think I even know what the hell they're saying to me half the time.....All I do man, is stare at their mouth and wrinkle my eyebrows, and somehow I turnout to be a big sweetie."

1:20 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvKeDr3k7n0&feature=related
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

How the fuck do "normal" people end up on dates?

How the fuck should I know?? I'm one of the "freaks" out there on dates!!

How could you have trouble finding a date, Your beautiful, canadian, and can drive stick and you skydive,

Obviously the men you are meeting are huge assholes!

-Fake titties are my second favorite kind of titties.

-Look over and point "Will you look at the size of that girls ass!"

-OK go to the bar grab me a beer and a sandwich and on your way back tell that redhead we are up for a threesome!

-I'm going to pee on you drip drip drip....

-You sure you don't recognize me from all of my adult videos?

-Hi, just letting you know, I'm kind of a big deal!

-So what do you think of my flat front pants, really show off my summer sausage don't they!

-The only reason I asked you out was because the girl in the photo with you on match.com looked hot...what's her name and number if you don't mind (OK I HAVE DONE THIS!)

-Man look at our waitress.....I would hit that like the fist of an angry god!

-Yeah I got some kids....here and there....but not like they know I'm there dad!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I had a 1980 Cadillac coupe deville. The body capacity was definitely a worthy topic!

Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad!!

.But there ain't no Coupe de Ville hiding
At the bottom of a Cracker Jack box.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I had a 1980 Cadillac coupe deville. The body capacity was definitely a worthy topic!

Ain't that why all the gangstas used to drive those?;)

And don't forget the back seat. Talk about a large playing field.:)
Joke time: Guy and a girl are parked in the moonlight, making out like mad.
Guy asks the girl "Do you want to get in the back seat?"
She shakes her head and says "No."
They make out some more and the guy asks her again. Again she says "No, I don't want to."

The windows get even foggier in the next few minutes. The guy asks again, and once more she turns down the offer.
Finally he asks "Why don't you want to get in the back seat?"

She looks at him and says "I want to stay up here in the front seats with YOU!"

Ever think those "bad dates" you list above were just trying to blow you off.....

Errr... No... The first is still a friend - but it was a BAD first date!! The second was me (and I was just having a bad day)... The third called me for a second date... I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but the second date was worse so declined his offer for a third... The forth texted me the following week saying he had had a really good time and we should do it again (I believe my answer was "remind me what your name was?!")... The shy one... Well, never heard from him again... And the guy saying he'd been on match for ever... Well, we had a fun evening complaining about match.com and we kept in touch here and there to complain further but otherwise didn't have much in common.

So yeah... *Possibly* the last guy was trying to blow me off, but I think the others were just not great. Anyway, like I said: when you click with someone you can have disastrous topics of conversation and somehow get away with it.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss