J-S

Gopro accident (non-skydiving related)

I was mountain biking yesterday about to hit a 3 foot jump, got hit midair by another biker from behind. Rule is the lead biker has the right away hitting drop offs or jumps, the biker behind aborts the jump. Two trails merge to a jump in the jump area I was in (my trail directly to the jump, the other trail you have to cut over quick to hit the jump). Bad timing for the both of us or bad judgement call on the other biker you could say (he cut over to my jump).

I get up to see if hes ok, and likewise with him. He saw my hand bleeding (I didnt feel it). Pulled back the flap of skin to see how bad I was cut, needed to get sewn up. He was apologetic, admitting he wasnt paying attention because he was trying to keep his head steady for a time lapse video with his Gopro. Turns out he didnt even have it turned on (I asked for the video), and it was his first time using it.

Nice enough to walk with me to my car and load up my bike for me and offer to pay for my injury (insurance covers it though).

Glad no one got seriously hurt other than a few bruises and stitches, but Gopro people, PAY ATTENTION!...... I see more and more bikers with Gopros for some reason recently [:/]

(Dont open attachment if you get squemish about blood or the likes)

Wow surprised they actually sewed that up. I get deep dingers like those fairly often at work turning wrenches and using grinders. I know an ER doc who just gave me a bottle of dermabond and some pointers on using it, saying if I came in that'd be what they would do anyways. He said they rarely sew things up anymore, pretty much use dermabond for everything.

Wow surprised they actually sewed that up. I get deep dingers like those fairly often at work turning wrenches and using grinders. I know an ER doc who just gave me a bottle of dermabond and some pointers on using it, saying if I came in that'd be what they would do anyways. He said they rarely sew things up anymore, pretty much use dermabond for everything.

I do use super glue to seal up knicks and such.

This cut I could peel back the skin (dr. said it was almost to the bone, and did x rays in case i damaged the bone) and fit like a half of a penny in there if I wanted to. Plus it was super dirty from whatever sliced it open on our bikes. There was no way I could of cleaned out any oil or dirt properly. The location of it is a flexible part, maybe the reason for stitches. And I needed antibiotics for any infection that could come of it.

'Tis but a scratch.

I do use super glue to seal up knicks and such.

This cut I could peel back the skin (dr. said it was almost to the bone, and did x rays in case i damaged the bone) and fit like a half of a penny in there if I wanted to. Plus it was super dirty from whatever sliced it open on our bikes. There was no way I could of cleaned out any oil or dirt properly. The location of it is a flexible part, maybe the reason for stitches. And I needed antibiotics for any infection that could come of it.

Lol after seeing how dirty a super glue plant is you would prob discontinue that practice. Yea it works, but it's not sanitary like the dermabond process would be. I've had some that deep. You are in for lots of fun trying to get that to heal up. Especially if your in a job where you need to continue to use your hands a lot. Keep 'er moist and covered. ;)