piisfish

Need help to find WWII style equipment

Planning on doing a couple of commemorative jumps during the summer (and the next summers).

I need to find a (or several) places where to find clothing etc to "look like" a US GI who jumped over Europe in the 40's.

Preferrably close to Deland or Eloy, as I will be over there in april
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

pisfish
If you want a 100%* accurate picture of a WWII jumper, go to the full page Kamel cigarette ad, showing a picture of a WWII paratrooper. I mean, THIS is what they looked like! He's lighting a Kamel cigarette, which is of course totally phony, but the rest of the picture is 100% accurate. *(Except, they put the reserve on upside down, which put the handle on the left side) I can't seem to google this picture, but if you have better computer skills, find it, that is what you are looking for. I have the picture hanging up in my loft, so I know it exists. If someone could find it and post it it's be a hoot! Our paratrooper is saying something like, "Damn crosswinds, make it hard to light my Kamel cigarette" or something like that.

Oh, *US* style equipment. I was going to say that some US Marines could sell you a flag, cheap. (This is Bonfire, you know.)

Anyway, you're on a roll these days for vintage gear, piisfish!

Edit: How about the guys at the 'National Parachute Test Center' at Dunellon, FL? They're into selling round military jump gear, among other things, but might have some contacts among the re-creation folks.

I tried again to find the Kamel full page picture of the paratrooper, but can't find it online. I'll take a picture of it hanging on my wall, and post it for you. Note: the ad is for Kamel cigarettes, not Camel cigarettes. This picture is worth looking at if you want to be authentic.

I tried again to find the Kamel full page picture of the paratrooper, but can't find it online. I'll take a picture of it hanging on my wall, and post it for you. Note: the ad is for Kamel cigarettes, not Camel cigarettes. This picture is worth looking at if you want to be authentic.

:P

http://www.airborne101st.com/equipmenthtml.html

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~