jclalor

Looking for a little help

Just wanted to provide an update, through WePay we have collected $110, ( not sure why it does not show the true total) Paypal $70, and I have had 4 or 5 people want an address to mail in a check, so maybe another $100 there. I have also collected $170 from family and co-workers.

That's a total of about $450. I have no problem providing the extra $100 my self.

Should I buy it for him ASAP? or wait until his birthday on 12/23?

It's gonna be nice to have my I-phone back at work, the sucker has it from the moment I walk in.

Once again, thanks to everyone for making this possible, I will post some pics of when he gets it.

John.

Just wanted to provide an update, through WePay we have collected $110, ( not sure why it does not show the true total) Paypal $70, and I have had 4 or 5 people want an address to mail in a check, so maybe another $100 there. I have also collected $170 from family and co-workers.

That's a total of about $450. I have no problem providing the extra $100 my self.

Should I buy it for him ASAP? or wait until his birthday on 12/23?

It's gonna be nice to have my I-phone back at work, the sucker has it from the moment I walk in.

Once again, thanks to everyone for making this possible, I will post some pics of when he gets it.

John.

Glad to hear it's going well. I'm tempted to say wait it out a little bit and maybe get enough more donations to buy him one with more memory. If you collect more than you need I'm all for buying him some cool accesories/games/apps.

I have to admit I'm no good at waiting. I bought my son a couple toys on black friday and brought them home and gave them to him instead of stashing them for x-mas.

James

Life's short; from what you said, that might be more true for him. Buy it now, then add stuff if you get enough.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

So I bought the Ipad, case and screen saver today and drove out to the hospital this afternoon to give them to Jordan. He was extremely excited. I have the video but am having a very hard time getting it from my phone to DZ.com I am sure there is someone more illiterate on computers than myself, I just have not met them yet.

One of the coolest thing about the Ipad for Jordan is that he can now chat with his girlfriend who lives at home, she is also unable to speak and they could only communicate at school or on my phone until now,

I am compiling an email list of everyone that helped out and Jordan very much wants to thank everyone individually, I am off until Tuesday night, so it may be a few days.

Once again, thank you all so much, it's amazing what an impact this will have on the quality of his life. I will try and get the video up as soon as possible, plus I will give a complete accounting of all the funds.

I work as a respiratory therapist where Chris works and Jordan is my patient. Jordan was thrilled with his iPad and I'm not sure how they got him to go to sleep. The iPad is next to his bed charging right now. I am amazed at the generosity of the DropZone folks and impressed by how quickly Chris's idea was realized. He is always trying to get me to jump out of a perfectly good airplane...

You've helped him to get some independent control over his own life. There is no better gift for any teenager. Whatever his challenges, he's definitely a teenager, right?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

So I bought the Ipad, case and screen saver today and drove out to the hospital this afternoon to give them to Jordan. He was extremely excited. I have the video but am having a very hard time getting it from my phone to DZ.com I am sure there is someone more illiterate on computers than myself, I just have not met them yet.

One of the coolest thing about the Ipad for Jordan is that he can now chat with his girlfriend who lives at home, she is also unable to speak and they could only communicate at school or on my phone until now,

I am compiling an email list of everyone that helped out and Jordan very much wants to thank everyone individually, I am off until Tuesday night, so it may be a few days.

Once again, thank you all so much, it's amazing what an impact this will have on the quality of his life. I will try and get the video up as soon as possible, plus I will give a complete accounting of all the funds.

Very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe put the video on youtube and link to it here unless there is a privacy issue with that?

James

Once again a huge thank you to every one, I tried to thank everyone as best I could, if I forgot anyone, please let me know.

Paypal donors:

Brian
Wendy
Trever
Maxwell
nick

In no particular order of paypal donation:

$150.00
$50.00
$75.00
$100.00
$20.00

Total $395.00

From Wepay:

Shawn
Michelle
John
(Removed on request)
Dawn
James

In no particular order of Wepay donation:

$10.00
$25.00
$25.00
$10.00
$25.00
$50.00

Total $145.00

There has also been pledges to mail checks to the hospital by:

Matt
Jaeton
John
Joe
Nakita

Donations made by staff at Sub Acute Saratoga

Julie
Leon
Raj
Denise
Elisa
Amina
Mona

$110

Semi grand total*
$650.00

*Not including mailed donations.

Ipad from Bestbuy, $553.00 with tax
Screen saver and case from office depot, $73.00

Total $626.00

$24.00 dollars left, plus donations in the mail and my $100.00 donation.

I was thinking a years worth of Net flix and some Itune cards, but always open to suggestions.

Edited to remove last names. (sorry)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fggwy-w1YPw

Him

Him

Fuck him!

Why f**k him? Some people prefer that all their donations remain anonymous. It's evidence of the true desire to support someone without any hint of self glorification. True, pure, unadaterated charity.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Hey there everyone! Jordan loves his iPad, is never without it. You guys rock! Ironically Carl Daugherty and I, Annie Brolly have a 3 year old who is also staying at the Sub Acute Saratoca Children's Hospital. Ailes' best super bright 17 year old Diana Lopez stuck with MS also needs an iPad. I need to figure out how to recreate this miracle for her.
Rehab is for quitters.