guineapiggie101

would you ever go on a cruise by yourself?

Thinking of going on a cruise by myself one of these days.

I've always wanted to try out a cruise but no one wants to go on one with me.

Is it expensive to do it on your own? I've traveled a lot on my own, even out of the country, so that's not a fear of mines. I am going to Australia latter part of next month and while the first week is with relatives, the 2nd week will be solo.

[:/]
That really sucks!
None of your lady friends want to join you on a few days of drinks and sun?
[:/]
that stinks!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Best friend thinks cruising is confining

Nah the new boats are freaking HUGE! You can get lost for hours and hours and hours going from one bar to the next untill you finally find where your room is at which piont you realize you left your key by the pool.

And I 100% can relate to all the friends being married or being married with kids.
Those guys and gals suck! What a bunch of dorks!
;)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

If the opportunity came around I would do it either way, solo or with a friend. I tend to do most things solo though. I've never been on a cruise but I would like to at some point.

If it was kind of a singles cruise then it could be fun but if it was more of a couples cruise then you could end up feeling like a third wheel. And depending on how well you are at meeting people you could make some cruise buddies that you could hang out with then just part ways when its over.

As for price, it will probably be a bit more if you go solo as I believe the rooms are normally booked double occupancy.

Been there, done that. Went on an Alaskan cruise last year alone. Not too bad, met a gal traveling with her father and we hit if off quite well. I went on the excursions alone but met more folks on them. You have to pay for the double occupancy but it was worth it.

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

I've gone on a cruise by myself. I think I had to pay a bit more for the cabin, but that was the only drawback.
It was one of those outfits that used a smaller boat instead of a jumbo ship, so I got to know all the other passengers. That was plenty of company for me. It was fun!:)

My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

I go on cruises by myself from time to time... but I do it for the solitude for that time...

Oh. BUT.. its my own sloop... and I point it west into the Not-So-Pacific Ocean...I rarely get more than 300 or so miles out till I turn around... its was years ago I took one of my boats all the way to Hawaii... too hard to get that much time off these days:)

I've gone on a cruise by myself. I think I had to pay a bit more for the cabin, but that was the only drawback.
It was one of those outfits that used a smaller boat instead of a jumbo ship, so I got to know all the other passengers. That was plenty of company for me. It was fun!:)

So where is the link to the Skydiving Duck story of the cruise?:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Girl,
I know where you are coming from.
As someone clearly pointed out when a friend was trying to meet someone while on vacation on an island.
"You dumb fuck it's an island, you only find what you bring on it! You bring a girl, you'll find a girl, you don't bring a girl you won't find a girl."

So I kind of understand where you are coming from.
I would say look at those singles cruses.
At least you won't be the only single person on the fracking boat.
But then again if one of the harry backed beer bellied smelling of low end expired Ax Body spray fuckers starts creeping on you...running away may not be easy....you are on a fucking boat.

Honestly I don't know? Maybe make it a girl friends kind of vacation?

But then again, god I hate to be rude but....you are a chick in a heavily male dominated sport...insert jokes about 2 chicks and 52 dicks....are there any guys you are interested in? Maybe ask one of them if they wished to join you?

Being 4'5" and stout, doesnt help at all!!!!

Yeah well I think you are awsome!
I would go with you as buddies on the boat.
We could be each others wing buddies! :)

I've done it; went on an eclipse cruise. Shared a 6-person bunkroom. It was one of the best vacations of my life.

If you're going on a there-for-the-food cruise, it might not be so interesting, unless you really like just sitting back and relaxing. But a cruise where there are a bunch of people really interested in something is cool -- this one had a bunch of amateur astronomers. Some dance schools have cruises -- anything where there's something in common. Even if you don't have that something in common (I don't know much about astronomy), people want to share what they're interested in.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I went on a cruise with my GF over the holiday break that I would certainly do on my own. It was to the Galapagos Islands for nature watching (sharks, rays, boobies, iguanas, albatrosses, iguanas, giant tortoises, more iguanas, sealions, sea turtles, more boobies, flightless cormorants, etc., etc. Plenty to see and do whether or not you have a companion.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.