sickandtwisted

Last night I thought that I saw a loan officer setting up next to the gas pumps!

All I had to fill up was a Honda Civic. I could not imagine filling up an SUV. :S

Imagine a semi.

150 gal or so for a fill (it holds 200 but I don't like to run too low).
AND deisel is running $0.30 or so above gasoline.

I've seen the pump read above $600.00 a time or two. (that's not a typo either, it is really six hundred dollars)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Normiss and I laugh (in a sad way) at how we just bought a big truck and a camper. We can't afford to take it very far now! B|

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Not to worry, I'm sure that algae gas will be available any day now to alleviate the problem.

I've got some pixie dust that will allow you to drive for 100,000 miles on one tank.

I can get it to the market if the government will just give me $70,000,000 to develop a pixie dust converter.

Do you happen to have Obama's energy Czar email. he seems to be open to these type innovations.

All I had to fill up was a Honda Civic. I could not imagine filling up an SUV. :S

Meh, most of the SUV's today are really cars with more headspace. They are not even on truck frames anymore. Now pickups. Mine takes $90 to fill up, and if I have to drive to work for the week, about two fill ups. . .A little over $800 a month with my wife's car added. Van pools. Love them.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Drill....Baby....Drill.

Good job domestic oil production is UP for the past two years, eh?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hi Moms

Sounds like it's time to dust off some of the BS "rumors" from the challenging gas prices from the days past.

There already exists more effeicent gas engines but "They" are holding them from the market.

There are full oil tankers floating around off shore waiting for the price to go up.

Magnets on the fuel lines can increase fuel effeicenczy.

True:

My people filled up at costco last night and the pumps shut off at $100. (had a couple of spare cans to fill up for lawn mower etc).:|

Even if a person doesn't drive they will feel the effect of the raising fuel prices by fuel price surcharges on all items delived over the road. The truckers can't afford to deliver what ever if they are losing money due to the raising price of fuel.

One Jump Wonder

Drill....Baby....Drill.

Good job domestic oil production is UP for the past two years, eh?

But they are selling it all to other countries.....
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Normiss and I laugh (in a sad way) at how we just bought a big truck and a camper. We can't afford to take it very far now! B|

No worries, if times get tough, just sell the house and live in the camper in a low-rent RV park, or at the DZ. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Think that's bad? You should try living somewhere that fuel's expensive. Like here, for instance. :P

It's friggin laughable when Yanks complain about fuel prices :D:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Not to worry, I'm sure that algae gas will be available any day now to alleviate the problem.

I've got some pixie dust that will allow you to drive for 100,000 miles on one tank.

I can get it to the market if the government will just give me $70,000,000 to develop a pixie dust converter.

In all seriousness LS9 created an e. coli bacteria that eats sugar and poops Diesel fuel, has a small scale production plant in San Francisco, and expects to scale up to production quantities with a Florida plant they're building (millions of gallons not billions but it's a start).

>There already exists more effeicent gas engines but "They" are holding them from the market.

Not any more. I got one. 50+MPG!

>There are full oil tankers floating around off shore waiting for the price to go up.

And there are people spending billions on oil futures praying the price will go up, too. They are in essence filling those tankers and waiting to sell that oil later.

>The truckers can't afford to deliver what ever if they are losing money due to the
>raising price of fuel.

So they'll raise shipping prices to compensate.

We've been living as if cheap oil will last forever, even though we knew it wouldn't. We'll have to make some adjustments to our lifestyles as it continues to climb in price.

Hi sick,

Back in '65 I worked part-time in a Shell station. It was out of the way and didn't get much business. I worked the 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM shift.

The slowest night I had, I only sold 25 cents worth of gas. One guy on a motorcycle bought 20 cents and another guy with a can for his lawnmower bought 5 cents worth.

Those were the days,

JerryBaumchen

You all need to get one of these. I get 20 miles per chicken wing (I got a slow metabolism)...:P

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/lechamp_cf_ultegra_di2.htm

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything