BIGUN

Classic Rock & Roll

Hi John,

Encyclopædia Britannica . . . regards Rock 'n Roll as the music that originated in the mid-1950s

As someone who was a teenager in the mid-50s', I agree.

Maybe you can convince Paul Quade of that little factoid. :P

JerryBaumchen

I believe, Allen Freed (disc jockey inthe 50's) coined the term 'Rock and Roll'. Rock and Roll was a term used in some of the old Blues music.

Chuck

I believe, Allen Freed (disc jockey inthe 50's) coined the term 'Rock and Roll'. Rock and Roll was a term used in some of the old Blues music.

Chuck

No No NOOO!! You didn't tell them that!!! >:(:)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Freed gets the semi-official credit, but as you've rightly pointed out, since the term was used in the blues earlier, it's not exactly like he coined the phrase. He really just was the first white DJ to recognize and use it.

Now look up Maurie Orodenker.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

My youngest son is a professional (classical) percussionist, and does a great job with "Wipeout".

Hopefully your son is not so sloppy with the "traditional grip" as displayed with those drummers. Him, being a classical percussionist though, I doubt it. :)

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Freed gets the semi-official credit, but as you've rightly pointed out, since the term was used in the blues earlier, it's not exactly like he coined the phrase. He really just was the first white DJ to recognize and use it.

Now look up Maurie Orodenker.

I did! That's going waaay back. Thanks!

Chuck

The Guess Who Live at the Paramount - American Woman. Have not been able to find live video, but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncICAriUfp8 15 minutes of awesome....

A classic of which I "believe" was the start of Hard Rock [strictly IMO].

Which rolls me over to a couple of my early favorites -

Young Girl by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap (1968)

Iron Man by Black Sabbath (1970)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Alan Freed was a DJ from Cleveland ,Thus they got the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Detroit was pissed on the final vote as it contributed a lot to R&R too. By the way Blue Suede Shoes was also recorded by Ricky Nelson with moderate success on Ozzie and Harriet show, A friend pointed out that Rickey's guitar had no strings Roger Nelson had a band at Freakport called "Rare Earth" all jump there.

The Youtube post says 1970 on this song, which I am not doubting. The video looks very clear, colorful, and sharp if it is indeed 40 years old. Someone just have taken great care of the motion picture film and did a great conversion. It just looks too good. Most video from that era is much worse.

Any thoughts?

Three Dog Night, Mama Told Me Not To Come
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKaQzQAlNn4
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

The Youtube post says 1970 on this song, which I am not doubting. The video looks very clear, colorful, and sharp if it is indeed 40 years old. Someone just have taken great care of the motion picture film and did a great conversion. It just looks too good. Most video from that era is much worse.

Any thoughts?

Three Dog Night, Mama Told Me Not To Come
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKaQzQAlNn4

Well I'm no authority on conversions, but it would appear that most of the oldies that Fritz has on his channel are of higher than expected quality.

The Guess Who Live at the Paramount - American Woman. Have not been able to find live video, but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncICAriUfp8 15 minutes of awesome....

A classic of which I "believe" was the start of Hard Rock [strictly IMO].

Which rolls me over to a couple of my early favorites -

Young Girl by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap (1968)

Iron Man by Black Sabbath (1970)

I'm no classic music freak, but the guitar stuff on Guess Who Live at the Paramount American Woman is freekin amazing,

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

My youngest son is a professional (classical) percussionist, and does a great job with "Wipeout".

Hopefully your son is not so sloppy with the "traditional grip" as displayed with those drummers. Him, being a classical percussionist though, I doubt it. :)

As he tells me, "in percussion you do whatever it takes".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

As he tells me, "in percussion you do whatever it takes".

He'll do fine.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln