normiss

A couple profile on Facebook?

I don't do Facebook or any of the other 'social networks'. I agree with Betty White; "It's an incredible waste of time!"

Chuck

How much time do you waste on here?

B|

Not as much as some! :D I never kept track of it.
Are you saying that dizzy.com is a waste of time?

Chuck

Oh....

Maybe a little. ;)

My main point is the comparison between here and other "social media". I don't see a whole lot of differences between them.
Communication between "friends", many of whom I've never met in person. Wasting time posting frivolities and jocularity. Just because it's in forum threads here on Dorkzone and in personal profiles and "walls" on FacePlant doesn't change the fact that we are wasting a lot of time on here. Or enriching our lives by learning about others, their ideas and values.

Or looking a pictures of boobies.:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I don't do Facebook or any of the other 'social networks'. I agree with Betty White; "It's an incredible waste of time!" Chuck

How much time do you waste on here? B|
Not as much as some! :D I never kept track of it. Are you saying that dizzy.com is a waste of time? Chuck
Oh.... Maybe a little. ;) My main point is the comparison between here and other "social media". I don't see a whole lot of differences between them. Communication between "friends", many of whom I've never met in person. Wasting time posting frivolities and jocularity. Just because it's in forum threads here on Dorkzone and in personal profiles and "walls" on FacePlant doesn't change the fact that we are wasting a lot of time on here. Or enriching our lives by learning about others, their ideas and values. Or looking a pictures of boobies.:P
Looking at pictures of boobies is a waste of time?:o Oh, I know what you're saying. I really don't spend much time here. Some days, when it's raining or colder than a well-diggers ass or windy as hell, I'll spend time here. With the other social medias, I can't get into them. To me, who gives a rat's ass if I'm at Starbuck's or Slim's pool hall? :D That's a lie, I never go to Starbuck's.:| I just stay busy with other things that need to be done. Chuck

This is also Mark's way of saying "Don't get any ideas, Skymama."

I'm too independent to want to do something like that.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I don't see it as being insecure at all; it's simply a way for couples to stay in touch with people, especially if one person is on more than the other. Ugh I am so sick of facebook, I see people posting pictures of things like the outfit they picked out for their kid for Easter or a new appliance. Really, who cares?!?!??!

I'm going to delete mine as soon as I can get contact info for long distance friends I actually want to stay in touch with.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Like so many other things, it's the motivation that makes the difference.

If the couple has a shared profile because (as Normiss suggests) it's just what they want, then fine.

If, OTH, it's motivated by jealousy, then it points to a problem that needs addressed.

Elvisio "instead of FB can I go back to passing notes in class?" Rodriguez

Seriously, why do people do this?

Because my wife told me thats wha we we're doing and that was the end of it:o

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.