SteveSearle

Where to bulk buy camping gear on-line?

Hi All

Three of us from the UK are heading out to Zephyrhills at the end of this month and want buy camping gear and have it delivered to the DZ, so it's there when we arrive.

Are there any cheap online stores I should be looking at (I've looked at Wallmart so far) I don't quite understand your tax system anything I need to know?
We're just looking to buy cheap tents, campmats, sleeping bags and pillows X 3 as we will be leaving it at the DZ when we leave.

Thanks

Steve

www.campmor.com and www.usoutdoor.com are both sellers of last year's gear -- you should be able to get deals from them.

As far as tax is concerned, if they're in that state, you have to pay sales tax; therefore, even if you buy from Wal-mart online, you'll have to pay tax. Others, maybe, maybe not. Some states enforce sales tax across state lines. Nothing to learn -- with big vendors, if they charge it, you pay it.

You might want to ask at the DZ if someone recently left those items behind...

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I don't quite understand your tax system anything I need to know?

Like Wendy said, sales tax is a state-by-state deal. So if you buy something from an online store that's based in the state you're shipping it to, you have to pay the sales tax for that state. If you're shipping it to another state, sometimes you can avoid paying the sales tax. Some states have caught on to this, and are now charging sales tax for online purchases from out of state.

Those details aside, here's the good news - sales tax is typically fairly low, like 6% or 8%. The other good news is that it's all collected at the time of the purcahse, so if you order something online and there's no tax in the checkout procedure, then you're not going to be charged sales tax.

My .02 cents, Walmart is probably going to be your best deal. Even if they charge you tax, the prices are generally the lowest. Of course there's still shipping to think about, and seeing as there's a Walmart in Z-hills, maybe just buy the stuff there the day you get there. You can avoid shipping costs, the DZ having to store the stuff until you arrive, and any possible mix-ups with your order.

Also, if you're planning to leave the stuff at the DZ, maybe put up a sign the day you arrive with a list of all the stuff you'll be leaving to see if anyone wants it. Maybe trade it for a jump ticket or two?

Amazon.

Does she also sell camping stuff ?
I thought she only had boats, chainsaws and samming sammiches :D

you forgot very unique hugs.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

We're just looking to buy cheap tents, campmats, sleeping bags and pillows X 3

If all you want is cheap stuff you will leave behind, as much as it pains me to say so (I hate that store), Walmart is probably your best bet. Target would also be an option if you don't want to shop at "The Great Satan(tm)".

If you want better quality stuff, there are a few outlet, or quality at lower price type stores out there; the ones I've used and would recommend are:

- Campmor
- REI
- Sierra Trading Post

Tax is like this: if the store you buy from has some sort of presence in the state you have it delivered to, you will pay that state's sales tax.
Remster

Tax is like this: if the store you buy from has some sort of presence in the state you have it delivered to, you will pay that state's sales tax.

does it also work like that for Square 1+2+3 ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

It should!

I remember buying a very expensive set of skydiving gear years ago.
I "had it shipped" to a friend's house in upstate NY.
No state sales taxes paid.
I sure hope he enjoyed the assortment of alcohol, girlie mags, and biker mags that ended up in that box....
They forgot to ship the gear....so I picked it up in person...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Amazon.

Does she also sell camping stuff ?
I thought she only had boats, chainsaws and samming sammiches :D

No way man....I served my time in camping hell in the military and travelling all over the world to "go camping".

After that I spent a lot of time doing the same primitive camping thing going on "geology" field trips to "interesting" places:S:S

These days I will lower my camping needs to a very well equiped motorhome... otherwise.. I will camp out at a local upscale hotel :)

We do a lot of shopping at costco.

after 35 yrs switched from a water bed to a costco something king size mattressB|

I tried a foam top liner no joyB|

Talked with the people at the Costco service desk, No problem bring it back:o But but it been over 2 yr's:$ No problem:o

It was true. No problemoB|

Bought a waterbed off of craigs list;):)

One Jump Wonder

www. sportsmansguide.com. can't make it a clicky :$ but help me out guys. I have bought a ton of stuff from them over the years. gary is the man. I have a new sleeping bag on the way for the fitzgerald boogie. 53 bucks for a -15 rated bag. I was gonna get the - 30 rated one for 80 but it was out of stock>:(. but they have got good shit and cheap shit . and a lots of times good cheap shit;)

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

www.sportsmansguide.com. can't make it a clicky :$ but help me out guys. I have bought a ton of stuff from them over the years. gary is the man. I have a new sleeping bag on the way for the fitzgerald boogie. 53 bucks for a -15 rated bag. I was gonna get the - 30 rated one for 80 but it was out of stock>:(. but they have got good shit and cheap shit . and a lots of times good cheap shit;)

There, think it is clicky now, works for me.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

tried it it didn't work . maybe it THE sportsmansguide. but i know their ph# is 1800-888-3006. know that by heart:P and not only because a thirty ought six is what i shoot

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .