steveorino

Can't jump ... carve!

Yes, they would absolutely sell! And, I remember your fantastic Halloween pumpkins. :)
Have you looked into local art shows? We live in a very artsy beach town/s that has many upscale art galleries, shows, festivals and "art walks". Art walks are once/month and open to just about anyone. If your stuff sells enough, perhaps you might get a tent at an art festival for two days and possibly have your pieces commissioned for a gallery. As far as wood: I have seen tiki-post carvings and a ton of sea-life-inspired wood carvings that go anywhere from $75 to more than a thousand.

90% of our decor is original works. You could call me an art whore and I would not slap you. :P Some women want diamonds; I want art--mostly glass, metal sculpture and paintings. But, my hunny loves the wood stuff. We have an eclectic mix, but all ocean-inspired.

Ever carve a loggerhead sea turtle? :)

"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

Very effin' cool! Im always in awe of people who can carve/sculpt. I wish i could do it. The closest I get to sculpting is doing off center lathe work, which gives turnings an odd neat look.

You can sell your stuff on etsy.com I've sold a few pieces on there. They've got some creative people selling stuff on there.

Im a luthier/furniture builder/museum exhibit builder. Here's a few pics of stuff I've made, since you like woodworking.

Again, nice work man.

Edit: Uploads didn't work from my phone. Camping at my DZ for the weekend, post them on Sunday when i have a real computer.

I have about 12 things ready for a local Tulsa Art show.Of course, I only like about 3-4 of them. (like this one)

Sounds like an artist to me! I paint every so often and later throw out 98% of my works. It makes my friends and family angry, as they are always telling me they want it/do not throw it out. But, it will start to really bother me. Even if I put it out of sight, I know it is still there. I do not feel better until it is out of the house and in the garbage can. :S

Keep us posted on how the art show goes and keep the photos coming. :)

Grumpy is great; I can see a line of those going quickly.

Where do you get your wood? I love VivaTerra and other eco-recycled home decor & furnishings. Not long ago, my husband drove by a new construction area and sadly, they had cut down some gorgeous, fat trees. He asked if he could have some of the pieces and the guys were great and chopped them down in thick ring slices for him to get in his truck. He is supposed to make me some cool chairs, loosely inspired by these but more elaborate/less "Hi, I am a stool". :D

If all goes well, I might commission him for more pieces. :P

2000 foot ceiling today. :S Check out this guy!

Cheach said its a good thing she came to Florida this weekend. :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message