steveorino

Can't jump ... carve!

These are really nice, Steve. Have you set yourself up a website for selling them? Cheap sites don't cost much per month. I think you should try it for six months to a year. You might make out very well. Just don't make any of those into pipes: http://www.hulu.com/watch/228079/aka-tommy-chong :P

If you follow his link steveOrino you will find them for sale. Or here http://www.steveorino.com/misc.html

superb Steve but you made one mistake ???? Dads are never small i would have you stand in a corner for that young man :D:D

so is it one type of wood you use or just anything you see that will do ? very impressive mate B|

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

I have used driftwood I have found on the arkansas River, bark, and pine knots that I have purchased on Ebay.

impressive stuff mate as some woods are just not that friendly as the tend to splinter or split at the wrong time but very impressive stuff Steve:)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Oopsy... Didn't know dat. Two final thoughts on this:

1) Stop telling people these only take a few hours a piece to make. Make it a few days, instead.

2) Have you considered making any walking canes & staffs w/figureheads? I bet they'd sell well, & wouldn't take long to do.

2) Have you considered making any walking canes & staffs w/figureheads? I bet they'd sell well, & wouldn't take long to do.

I'll buy your first walking stick. Done. Paypal's ready to rock when you're ready to roll.

Elvisio "perfect for the Saguaro National Forest" Rodriguez

This one is my favorite so far.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=129370;

I have always admired those that can do anything 3D. It's a special talent to be able to see the figure in the raw wood, or stone. It seems to me that it must be able to call to you, and say "I'm here under the surface, just release me".
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I have used driftwood I have found on the arkansas River, bark, and pine knots that I have purchased on Ebay.

Hi Orino

I like your stuff you have the mad skillz. To much down time at the DZ.;)

My Boss turns all kinds of stuff on one of her lath's from tree limbs that have broken off the trees on our little piece of heaven. After the latest weather event she's got a stockpile.:)
18 wood tops for every worker bee at the vets office. For Xmas. Ho Ho Ho Gift bags cost us $.50 eaB|

Wood pencils(kits), honey dippers (tree limbs)

We use the shaving to help start the fire in our wood stove. Turn baby turn.

She's also got a collection of birds thats she's carved and continues to carve with a high speed Drill (Dentist speed )& burns in the feathers, paints etc etc.

We get some tiny bits from our dentist for the boss after they go thru the autoclave.

There are wood turning, carving clubs all over the country. At least some of them are the way jumping used to be. Don't need no stinking coach.

The bird carving coach lives about 1/2mile from our house class of 6: $10/class./student

Google is your friend:)
R.
One Jump Wonder

Hi Steve,

Have you considered putting on a carvig course at your local DZ for the folks that may be are interested in learning to carvwe from a pro.;)

The course would have to be Weather dependent etc. It could lead to a whole new generation of jumping carvers, And a nice income stream to cover your expenses.;)

There are course's popping up for everything else at the DZ why not carving;).

R.