airdvr

Do you tip at Starbucks?

We have already established that I'm a bitch when it comes to undeserved tipping, HOWEVER I do tip for almost any service if the person has done something extra.

At a place like Starbucks, though, it seems kinda rare that they have the time and/or inclination to do much more than what is asked of them...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Almost never. But yesterday, I ran the three miles from work to Starbucks, and I left my pair of jogging shorts with the pockets at home, so I had to wear my backup shorts with no pockets. I had just enough money on my SB card (electronic scanning on my phone) to cover 2/3 of a cup of tea. I had just enough change in quarters for the other 1/3. I also left my wallet at home, so I couldn't use a credit card. I rolled up my phone in my shirt, and tucked it in my shorts so it wouldn't fall out. I rolled up the quarters in my bandana, and ran. When I got there, between the phone and quarters, I had eight cents left-over. So I threw it in the tip jar. It wasn't worth rolling up eight cents back into my bandana.

The rest of the time, I don't tip. But I figure the above story qualified my as "sometimes" on your poll ;)

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I used to work with Starbucks a long time ago. I personally didn't care if people tipped or not. 5$ for 98% hot steamed milk is pretty expensive enough.

I interviewed at Starbucks once when I was looking for something to fill a few months.

They asked if I drank coffe, I said 'yeah, I'm mostly drinking a Guatamalan blend right now', they said 'we use african grown beans, they tend to be a bit stronger' so I said 'maybe before you dilute the fuck out of it to make the wateriest expresso out there'. Long story short, I've never worked in a Starbucks.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

nope. Not even if I ever went to one.

I've never been inside one. Don't care. Overpriced bullshit.

once, because "i've had to"; never again. and for fucks sake, if i pay something like 20$ for two coffees and two muffins.. i could have lunch for that, including a drink, a salad and/or soup, and possibly even a small dessert! and we're talking (very expensive) switzerland here..:S
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I used to work with Starbucks a long time ago. I personally didn't care if people tipped or not. 5$ for 98% hot steamed milk is pretty expensive enough.

I interviewed at Starbucks once when I was looking for something to fill a few months.

They asked if I drank coffe, I said 'yeah, I'm mostly drinking a Guatamalan blend right now', they said 'we use african grown beans, they tend to be a bit stronger' so I said 'maybe before you dilute the fuck out of it to make the wateriest expresso out there'. Long story short, I've never worked in a Starbucks.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Bet the look on their face was priceless.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

At Starbucks? Fack no.

I was manager/barista at a local coffee shop where we roasted our own shit and our espresso machines were manual so we had to pull every single shot ourselves, grind each shot to order, adjust the grind, pay attention to each drink, steam/foam the milk per order at the right temp, etc...now I never expected a tip, but most regulars knew what they were paying for so they tipped (we don't get benefits like Starbucks employees do)...myself and a few others knew how to do foam art and lots of people appreciated it....as a manager, I made ~$10.00 an hour so tips were just extra spending cash.

Starbucks? Those dickholes push a button for a shot, steam milk til their thermometer says it's good, and put whipped cream on everything...

Don't tip unless you like your drink and your barista.

ETA: I voted if the barista shows me HIS boobies

I've never been inside one. Don't care. Overpriced bullshit.\

I only buy coffee when I'm traveling or occasionally out shopping. I get a big cup of drip coffee, no fancy foamy latte for me. I might throw the change in the tip jar, but I don't feel getting me a cup of coffee deserves much of a tip.

I've got some friends that spend $1000+ in Starbucks. Holy Crap!:S

who'd want that yankee dishwater anyway; if you want a proper coffee, go to a proper place! ;)

Yup..can't beat a cup of gas station coffee that's been brewin' 3 days and a bean burrito in the greasy nuker!

Breakfast of Champions! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

who'd want that yankee dishwater anyway; if you want a proper coffee, go to a proper place! ;)

I agree, Italia.B|

Ne pas la Suisse.:P

I think he meant Turkey. :P
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I agree, Italia.B|

Ne pas la Suisse.:P

have you ever drank a bad coffee in italy!? i havent..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda