virgin-burner

dont you just HATE job interviews!?

i get so fucking nervous EVERY fucking time it's so bad, i hardly get myself to answer with more than "yes" or "no"; which is SO totally not me!

had a 2nd interview yesterday, in french, which was BAD. the first one was BAD.

i got the job!
which makes me a happy camper, was about darn time!

whenever i've had what i perceived to be a good interview on the VERY rare occasions you "click" with someone and have a good chat, i never got it.

this is strange!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

the worst i remember, i got up after like 2 minutes of being offended on exactly EVERYTHING i ever did, all my testaments, from an overweight bitch (read 400lbs), the woman looked like she was in a real messy accident with her make-up, wasnt prepared AT ALL, made a total mess of my documents and.. i got up and said "sorry, this doesnt make ANY sense, i think we're going nowhere together, i wish you a nice day!" and left.

funny story, the guys yesterday were late, which for a company that is affiliated with pretty expensive watches is even more notable! :D

but it was in the french part of switzerland, so it's all good, "time works different there"! :D:D:D

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

24$ in PARKING!? dude, even in zurich you can park like half a day for that kind of money! :o

the one yesterday i had to drive over 4hrs there and back, but it was HQ, the actual workplace is only 10mins. from me! :)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

It was in downtown LA, I was flapping as it was and all the metered parking was taken, then the car parks near were full so I just went for the underground parking at the offices - I didn't wanna get stressed out more than I already was.
I actually thought they didn't do their homework as much as I did, but whatever...
Oh, just to add - I applied for this job on 22 January 2008!! OVER 4 yrs ago:S

CONGRATS Buddy!
That's awsome!

Hey maybe you should ask Dr. Shah about how to get over this stage fright? I'm sur he knows a thing or two about stages and fright!

:)

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

aaahh, i think you posted a thread about this a while back, that's awesome, 4yrs ago!

once i was supposed to get an appointment with someone, TWO FUCKING YEARS later i got a call - needless to say, i could hardly remember what it was about and blew it off. she was like "oh, but i just got it on my desk!" :S

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

CONGRATS Buddy!
That's awsome!

Hey maybe you should ask Dr. Shah about how to get over this stage fright? I'm sur he knows a thing or two about stages and fright!

:)

trying to find the thread, all i get is shah's dating advice column..

thanks BTW! :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

When I was 21 I made the huge mistake of sleeping with my boss's wife and he found out. I quite that job but years later I was interviewing a another company and he walks up and says hi. The interview went right into how I knew him and all other question were then about working under him. At the end of the interview I figured the only chance of getting the job was to tell the interviewer the truth (and explain my old boss may not give me a shinning recommendation). I actually was offered the job later but turned it down.

It's been a few years since I last had a job interview, but I've had to conduct quite a few lately. I think it's fair to say that few people look forward to them, regardless of which side of the desk they're on.

I always work hard to prepare fully - not only do you owe it to interviewees, but there are legal implications of not giving people a fair hearing.

Congratulations on getting the job - next time you do need to be interviewed, it might help to calm your nerves if you remember that your interviewer would probably rather be somewhere else too!

Practice is the only thing that makes it better. If you're looking for a job, line up several interviews each week. After a bit, you won't be nervous anymore. You'll realize you don't have the correct answer for every question, and don't be afraid to say you don't know. I would be afraid to hire someone that actually said they knew all the answers.

After you have a job, keep interviewing. Try to get at least one a month. Practice is good, and if one of them is a better job, then take it.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

a guy once asked me if i knew how much a "boeing" weighs; my answer was "depending on it's lineout and type, somehwere between 200-300 tons". are you suggesting i should of said "i dont know!"? :)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I like job interviews, of course I am looking for a job right now, so I need them.

kinda necessary, arent they. getting one is ok, but sitting there, i dont like so much.. :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

No.

In a job interview I get to talk about some of the wonderful things I've done for previous employers.

It's not bragging, it's not uncouth, and the listeners are literally asking for it.

On top of that there's the competition with other candidates. I like that and enjoy winning.