guineapiggie101

how does one flirt?

I never figured that one out either. Lucky for me I'm married now.

In retrospect, I understand that standing closer than the standard American distance to guys was seen as "coming on" to them -- you could start with that.

Or you could just tell guys that you like, that you like them. Be who you are. If they are players who like flirting, they might not be the guy for you anywya.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

My Boss used the excuse that she thought I was someone else. "Sorry thats not me but wanna hang out.:P"

The other dude must have been a B| guy, Lucky me a few women used the same line . Still remember his name 40 yr's later.

No sweat all those dudes look the same:P

R.

One Jump Wonder

try "hi, my name is..." or you know... a normal conversation, if your interesting and attractive a guy will be interesting, if not we'll move onto another chic, just like girls do with guys...

failing that getting attention and being 'ballsy' is always good, last stupid thing I did that got me laid was me: "do you know how I am getting laid tonight?" girl: "what? no..." me: "Because I am stronger than you" She was a pretty rad chic with a wicked sense of humor

Flirting led to 2 marriages and a current girlfriend of two years.. no clue how it happened or what i did or didnt do!! but glad the lastest one worked, Outside of that it was buying herdrinks and having a nice harley. which got me nowhere in the long run !!!!
well it got an empty wallet a couple STD tests and a worn out back seat...LOL
hell If your a woman your a woman I dont think you really have to flirt too much, just be yourself and it will all work out..if your a guy you either get lucky or spend a bunch in drinks and stupid lines!!!

circumstance relevant in a very social group ... it wouldn't work in a bar, I'd probably get maced [:/] ... other great tricks that have got me laid include putting her best friend in hospital after a piggy back gone tragically wrong and throwing up on a girls feet. point being a conversation normally works a charm but otherwise be able to make the best of a bad situation and be interesting and unique, not like every other drink holding clone wearing skinny jeans and conforming to some bland social group code of conduct :S

I guess I am really shy, so I don't know how to flirt.

I haven't had to in a long time.

This is someone I do know and have known for a month or so. I chat with him whenever I see him, but am usually kinda nervous, so any thought of flirting goes out the window.

I worry that if I were to flirt with said guy, he might take me as invading his personal space.

well he is probably just as nervous as you are and No we guys wont usually admit that, but if have the vibe that he is interested , just go for it !!! worst case.. he says no, its not like he will press harrassment charges on you, again guys are most times just as shy and most wont admit it.. you will probably get further by making that first move, honestly I think guys are more scared to make that first real move, its easy in a bar, outside of that most guys are plain chicken!!

Yeah I'm in the same position, put me in a conversation with a girl I'm interested in and I just become a complete idiot and my brain can't form a complete sentence.

Pretty much all men enjoy the company of women, so unless your getting a "leave me alone" vibe I wouldn't worry about invading his personal space.

I find its a shoot for the best, steal yourself for the worst situation. Just ask him out and the worst could be him just saying no and some awkward moments for a little bit. At least thats what I'm doing this weekend.

Not sure if I am just going to ask him out. That is taking a really BIG chance.

Last time I asked someone out, it blew up in my face and i looked stupid.

Hey GP, ask him for sex, you don't want to waste anytime on him if he's a dud in the sack;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

"Smile with your eyes", as they say. Give good eye contact and keep smiling. I mean, don't look like a crazed stalker or anything, just be genuine.

Have a good sense of humor, don't be a Debbie Downer. You don't have to memorize jokes, but try to be clever or witty. Don't talk about negative things, be the girl that seems interesting and enticing and someone they want to get to know better.

Walk and talk with confidence, even if you're jello on the inside. If you make a flub, be the first to laugh it off. Don't worry about messing up, we're all dorks at one time or another.

Watch your body language, don't keep your arms crossed in front of you. Turn towards him, lightly touch his arm as you're laughing with him. (You're laughing because you're keeping it fun and light, remember? ;)) Sometimes guys are dense and you have to let them know that you are interested. Others have had experiences which make them very careful not to touch a woman first, so you need to make the first move.

Guys like to talk about themselves. Steer the conversation so they'll talk about themselves and you'll hardly have to say anything! But again, be genuine, don't act like you're interviewing them.

I love flirting. I wish I could do a Cyrano de Bergerac and help you!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

...Sometimes guys are dense and you have to let them know that you are interested Hit them over the head with a sledgehammer (figuatively speaking of course). Others have had experiences which make them very careful not to touch a woman first, so you need to make the first move...

FIFY

Guys can be painfully shy too. Fear of rejection, fear of looking like an idiot, learning the hard way that "The worst she can say is no" is NOT true.

Be yourself, be honest (both are kinda the same thing) and most of all, be willing to move on if it doesn't work.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Ask Dr. Shah!
I hear the guy knows a thing or three about the art of seduction!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJ0YTbz-sUvHWv_xgQVEdNWlz4M7nCWXPH5p5IIhARWuhUhyEYkjF_hV-g
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

New here, but not new to the stresses of being reserved and shy and trying to flirt with someone I like.

Basically, I turn into a jelly and want to clam up when I try to flirt, but I've found, like other people have suggested, if you ask about the other person and react to things they are saying with more than mmhmms and ahhhs it works out pretty well. You don't need to make innuendo jokes or throw yourself on them, paying attention with good eye contact usually does the trick.

Also smiling doesn't hurt and when you become more comfortable absolutely brush their arm or something to that effect.

Just don't lie or fake interest in something, being genuinely you will attract not only someone you like, but someone who actually likes who you are.

Hope that was useful :)

failing that getting attention and being 'ballsy' is always good, last stupid thing I did that got me laid was me: "do you know how I am getting laid tonight?" girl: "what? no..." me: "Because I am stronger than you" She was a pretty rad chic with a wicked sense of humor

yea... i think it's important to mention that you have an Australian accent in that story. THAT'S the real reason that line worked :P you can get away with saying anything in America.

Please this is an easy one!
1) Don't listen to what other women tell you. Women have no clue what a man wants! And what a man wants is rather simple.

2) Say it with me, mini skirt, v neck and anything that says the words pushup. Yeah men may have ears to hear you with but our eyes are way better!

3) Buy the man a drink. No I'm serious! No may can say no to a free drink!

Now that we got you dressed to impress and bearing gifts and breasts (two things any man likes). It's simple don’t spend too much time looking at our shoes, our crotch or our friends crotch.
A man will say many dumb things, the key is to keep us on track and prevent us from digging a hole in which we will jump in. So if he is talking to you about something and is getting off track kind of sort of lead him back to something that you both can talk about.
And if you like him at the end of the conversation give him your number and TELL HIM..."Call me"
Give him 3 days and odds are he will.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

yea... i think it's important to mention that you have an Australian accent in that story. THAT'S the real reason that line worked :P you can get away with saying anything in America.

I have an Aussie accent ;) dont work for me though:( Maybe being an arsehole overrides the sound of my accent?:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ah, I made a booboo already. I was kinda nervous around him, so I had my arms crossed in front of me :( . Better luck next time ;) .

Ok then, next time I see him (which will hopefully be the weekend), I will try to joke with him and lightly touch his arm.

BTW, he is a skydiver and the few times we've chatted, it's been about skydiving, about his jumps, etc.

I like listening to him talk about himself and about his jumps etc., so that is what I ask about.

Skymama, I wish you could help me too:ph34r: . I'm so bad at this.

I guess I am really shy, so I don't know how to flirt.

Stand close, smile, smile, smile, make eye contact, touch our arm from time to time and laugh at everything we say. Don't forget to do a little Farah hair flip too. He'll either get the message or is legally dead. ;)

Once in a bar, before a music show, V and I were having a nice drink and conversation at a nice corner table, very pleasant. When V got up to visit the ladies room, another woman came over to me and said "I hate to tell you this, but she's just not that into you.":D:D

I said "Really, 26 years of marriage and 4 kids? Darn!" I guess either she was just screwing with me or that V and I weren't acting that flirty with each other. :D