davjohns

Average times per week in committed relationship?

How much sex do you think is appropriate in a healthy, committed relationship?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I agree. That's why everyone has to respond from their own point of view.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Tharipst says 3 per week is healthy. 2 per is ok anything under 1 per week not.
It doesn't have to be sex it can just be cuddling and talking.

Furthermore she has told me that a good number of her marriage counseling sessions are with partners who are not having enough sexual contact with each other and on average (and I am so going to get shit for this) it's the woman who is holding out on her man due to something the poor sap did but she no longer recalls why she is mad at him but doesn't with to forgive him and thus is holding out. The other is that the partners were once busy but now have more time and simply forgot about each other but just don't know how to reconnect.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Well, since she's working a crazy schedule, we're down to ~5 times a week, but has been around 10.

Matter o fact... I just got out of bed. ;)

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Depends on what stage of the relationship you are currently in.

- Pre-marriage sex
- Post-marriage sex
- Bedroom sex
- Hallway sex

Ah yes, I've seen this somewhere before... hallway sex is where the two pass each other in the hall and say "fuck you" to each other. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well, since she's working a crazy schedule, we're down to ~5 times a week, but has been around 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o&ob=av3e
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o&ob=av3e

She's sung it along with me a few times. ;)B|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Yeah. Married men have lots of sex. There's sex with Palmela, Handgela, Manuela and her sisters...

Is that a left-handed compliment? I gotta hand it to ya...you know how to handle sticky situations.

You must be talking about marriage secrets....you know...where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

This is NOT a time for the .
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Furthermore she has told me that a good number of her marriage counseling sessions are with partners who are not having enough sexual contact with each other and on average (and I am so going to get shit for this) it's the woman who is holding out on her man due to something the poor sap did but she no longer recalls why she is mad at him but doesn't with to forgive him and thus is holding out. The other is that the partners were once busy but now have more time and simply forgot about each other but just don't know how to reconnect.

The notion that a woman is "witholding" sex seems kind of childish and ridiculous to me. I'm not saying it never happens, but the reality is that if a woman is upset with her man, it's *normal* for her not to feel very lovey-dovey toward him. It's not a simple matter of forgiveness... Emotions don't automatically go away when they "should"... It's possible to feel upset over a number of things that separately mean nothing but cumulatively build up to something big. Some men "withold" conversation from women... Equally childish and counter-productive... Lack of communication can be just as upsetting to us as a sex-ban may be to you.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Yeah. Married men have lots of sex. There's sex with Palmela, Handgela, Manuela and her sisters...

Is that a left-handed compliment? I gotta hand it to ya...you know how to handle sticky situations.

You must be talking about marriage secrets....you know...where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

This is NOT a time for the .

He's just jerkin' ya around because you're handy...don't let him beat ya down!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

The notion that a woman is "witholding" sex seems kind of childish and ridiculous to me. I'm not saying it never happens, but the reality is that if a woman is upset with her man, it's *normal* for her not to feel very lovey-dovey toward him. It's not a simple matter of forgiveness... Emotions don't automatically go away when they "should"... It's possible to feel upset over a number of things that separately mean nothing but cumulatively build up to something big. Some men "withold" conversation from women... Equally childish and counter-productive... Lack of communication can be just as upsetting to us as a sex-ban may be to you.

Using sex (or no-sex) as a weapon is the reason my first wife became my ex-wife. Even the marriage counselor told her it was killing the marriage.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Using sex (or no-sex) as a weapon is the reason my first wife became my ex-wife. Even the marriage counselor told her it was killing the marriage.

Like I said, I'm not saying it doesn't happen - just that it's not the norm.

In the same way, I would argue that using words (or the silent treatment) as a weapon is also very toxic.

Heck, pretty much any time you deliberately try to hurt your partner it's gotta be bad for the relationship. I think in many cases where there is "not enough" sex it's not a deliberate punishment, but a reflection of other problems (either in the relationship or outside of it - like stress/tiredness from work).
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

You're certain of that? Or are you presuming? How many surveys of men married, say, 15+ or 20+ years do you base that on?

In the same way, I would argue that using words (or the silent treatment) as a weapon is also very toxic.

Heck, pretty much any time you try to deliberately try to hurt your partner it's gotta be bad for the relationship. I think in many cases where there is "not enough" sex it's not a deliberate punishment, but a reflection of other problems (either in the relationship or outside of it - like stress/tiredness from work).

Very well said Nataly! The root cause could be coming from other issues. Though having said that some people are just plain selfish and manipulative and would do things to directly hurt their loved ones.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto