ryoder

Congrats to Skydiving Duck!

Published in the March issue of "Parachutist"!:)

How'd you find out? Did you get your issue already?:$

I kept my mouth shut in case things fell through (pardon the pun).
Thanks for noticing! B|
Also thanks to d_squared431, oldwomanc6 and Trafficdiver!
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

I kept my mouth shut in case things fell through (pardon the pun).
Thanks for noticing! B|
Also thanks to d_squared431, oldwomanc6 and Trafficdiver!

Your 15 minutes of fame! I hope it lasts for years!

You have the talent. If you can make it a little less skydiver specific (and with a lot of luck) you might be able to get published in the papers. Between Beetle Bailey and Doonesbury. Go for it!
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Thanks, bclark, BobMoore, jcemanl LisaH, airtwardo and skymama!

My folks knew about it, and I think a skydiving acquaintance or two knew it "might" be published "somewhere." Mostly I kept my mouth shut, just in case.
Also I didn't want to be a show off. I may be a skydiver, but I'm a new skydiver who has a long way to go. (Heck, I know some A licensed students who started AFF a few months ago and I started back in July!*) No sense getting cocky.:)

Thanks guineapiggie101, spage, nolan358 and Squeak!
I already brought the beer, but I don't think most people have gotten the March issue yet (I usually don't get mine til the 1st which will be Thursday), so I'm saving the goods for my next visit.
I promise to stay out of it in the meantime.:)

Congrats Jennifer:)If they did it will cover the Case of BEER :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D you owe :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

That's about what it'll cover. :D Parachutist does pay a small amount for contributions - not enough to make a living producing content for them, but a nice acknowledgement of the effort nonetheless. Looking forward to seeing the duck in print!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Congrats to Skydiving Duck!

So are you going to keep updating your thread to give us loyal readers here at DZ.com first read?

I mean, you already have us sitting around waiting for the next installment like a bunch of junkies waiting for our fix...:P

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Parachutist used to have a policy, and maybe they still do, that they wouldn't publish anything that had already appeared elsewhere. They wanted to be the exclusive publisher of any material they used.

The fact that your cartoons have already been seen here, and Parachutist still wants to use them anyway, is a testament to how good they are. You can't not share them with even more people.

Good job Duck-girl.

I mean, you already have us sitting around waiting for the next installment like a bunch of junkies waiting for our fix...:P

What he said.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."