fpritchett64

Any avid bowhunters out here?

Or is it impossible to be an avid bowhunter and skydiver? Several years ago when I took up jumping, my hunting all but stopped. Then my jumping stopped for the last 2 years for financial reasons and the hunting came back.

I'm getting back in the air soon, kind of curious as to how it will affect the upcoming hunting season in September..

There are 24 hours in a day, seven days in a week, X dollars in your pocket, and Y people who you depend on and who depend on you.

Both those disciplines/sports require a pretty big chunk of the above, in order to deserve the label avid participant.

Only you can say if there is enough to go around, but I think you answered your own question.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Oh and for the fun answer, this gal does it for a living ;)

Fun for now...but it will become a reality. Movies are just a way to desensitize us to the truth. Why is it that most all "futuristic" movies depict the future world under some type of tyranical force?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Fun for now...but it will become a reality. Movies are just a way to desensitize us to the truth. Why is it that most all "futuristic" movies depict the future world under some type of tyranical force?

The battle between good and evil is an age old one, so it's not surprising (no matter what one's beliefs are) that stories of the potential future will contain this, but so do most "historical" movies.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

If you're pretty good with a rifle, archery shouldn't be too difficult to pick up. With all of the technology in the gear, from light carbon arrows, to extremely efficient fast shooting bows with release aids.. It's really similar to shooting a rifle. Just get good @ judging distances.

The battle between good and evil is an age old one, so it's not surprising (no matter what one's beliefs are) that stories of the potential future will contain this, but so do most "historical" movies.

Whatever...there is always "the one," the hero...the world keeps looking for him...he has already come. If we all just started living in victory rather than fear, we'd all be much better off.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Future? Let's see. The evil rulers make people fight for the population's amusement.... So Rome-2000-years-ago.
I imagine the sequel will involve the fighters rising up in rebellion. They'll call it "Spartacus".

Thread hijack over; now to the original point. You can spend time in the woods on days when weather's too bad to jump - no conflict.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

Although I don't hunt with my bow, for me it is an easy answer --- I shoot during the week (bow or gun) and jump on the weekend. Of course I am from a weekend only dz so my choice is pre-made in a sense. Also we have a shooting range at the dz; so when we are done jumping most of the jumpers here break out the guns. Gotta love the pacific northwest.;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

If you're pretty good with a rifle, archery shouldn't be too difficult to pick up. With all of the technology in the gear, from light carbon arrows, to extremely efficient fast shooting bows with release aids.. It's really similar to shooting a rifle. Just get good @ judging distances.

...and remember to follow through. aim small, miss small

"I'm getting back in the air soon, kind of curious as to how it will affect the upcoming hunting season in September."

Why would you think you can't do both? Hunting seasons only last a few months. I stopped bow hunting years ago. Mainly, because I just don't have the time to do it right. That time is confined to only a couple of months, though. There's no reason why you can't do both.

Sort of what you said there. Having the time to do it right. Luckily my work schedule gives me a lot of days off. Unfortunaltely a lot of those days off are spent doing in service training or in the courtroom.

I'm sure you remember the time that goes into scouting, patterning their movement, food plots, etc. Not to mention all the time spent in the back yard practicing.

I absolutely love both activities, I'll make time to participate in both.

Dammit.. when is there time to drink?