RkyMtnHigh

Low Maintenance Pet. What should I get?

Hello Katee,

Try an imaginary pet. Like my imaginary friends, they are low maintenance and are always around when you want them and gone when you don't. :P

P.S. If you take them to a bar don't speak to loud when you talk with them or people with look at you kinda funny.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

A pet rock.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I still have my pet rock from like 3rd grade. Best low maintenance pet ever;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I agreeing with pet rock, ......evey thing you listed is pretty high maintenance except maybe fish. As long as its a smaller freshwater tank it cant be left for up too a week no problem and if one does die when your gone o well guy buy another one for 6 bucks:) I had a ferret for about 4 weeks and would never own anything like it again......

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

Very simple solution to this one.....I know of a pet you can leave for over a month and will be ok. Pics are attached. I know of a good dealer if you need.

F*ck Me!!! I don't like that at all...,. spiders totally freak me out!

Although it is kinda funny that someone has taken a can of spray paint to it! >:(:D:D

I was waiting for my reference towards the whole snake thing. Just when I was about to say a nice 10 Foot Burmese Python makes a wonderful pet, you call me out. ;) Alex just ate yesterday by the way so it is ok to come and visit him if you would like. As for the Rabbit, it wasn't a good day! :(

Umm, Will have to totally disagree with the ferrett thing, for every pound of food, you receive a pound and a half of crap. Not sure how they do it, but they do. Turtle, low maintenance but boring as hell, cat, they get pissed when you leave them for a long time and piss in your bathtub, know from experience.

I'm going to have to place my vote with the Rock. Let me know.
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!

I was waiting for my reference towards the whole snake thing. Just when I was about to say a nice 10 Foot Burmese Python makes a wonderful pet, you call me out. ;) Alex just ate yesterday by the way so it is ok to come and visit him if you would like. As for the Rabbit, it wasn't a good day! :(

Umm, Will have to totally disagree with the ferrett thing, for every pound of food, you receive a pound and a half of crap. Not sure how they do it, but they do. Turtle, low maintenance but boring as hell, cat, they get pissed when you leave them for a long time and piss in your bathtub, know from experience.

I'm going to have to place my vote with the Rock. Let me know.

....did you get rid of your rocks yet?:ph34r: (sorry..couldn't pass that one up);)

I'm going to plead the 5th on that one, thank you very much. ;)

And did you honestly offer "Butterfly" as an option? I was unaware that you could have those for pets. :D
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!

I'm resurrecting an old thread here but right now I have a dying cat. The cat comes first before skydiving and a three day weekend. If someone wont take seriously the responisibilities of a pet and puts skydiving first my suggestion is a pet rock. The unconditional love they bring deserves to be first.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat; yeah, doing the right thing takes far less from you than it gives to them, and anyway in the long run it gives back, too.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Thanks Wendy. It is a balancing act because I don't want to keep him alive for my selfishness and as long as I spend as much time with him I can talk soothingly stroke gently he is ok. I am in touch with the vet and talked very seriusly about putting him down now but vet thinks time isnt yet and I am willing to do as much as possible to make him comfortable.

The unconditional love they bring deserves to be first.

I agree. Just because a pet's physical needs are satisfied enough to survive over a three day weekend doesn't mean that its emotional needs are being satisfied.

Part of the responsibility of owning a pet means giving it the daily attention it needs. Most people don't realize this and view pets as something they can put in a shoebox under their bed and pull out when they want it.

An 8-year-old could be self-sufficient and survive a three day weekend but that doesn't mean he/she is getting the needed attention :/

Hookers don't brimg unconditional love. A hooker really isnt a pet. Just my opinion.

then you are not using them correctly ;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ahhh dogs and cats love you if you pet them and cats even purr! If a hooker purrs she's faking it. Heck why just limit it too hookers? Don't most girls fake it just to boost our egos?

Only the dumb ones ;) why fake what can actually be real :P

As for pets, you get what you give I love having dogs, they take a bit of responsibility and work but are worth the effort. :)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

The unconditional love they bring deserves to be first.

I agree. Just because a pet's physical needs are satisfied enough to survive over a three day weekend doesn't mean that its emotional needs are being satisfied.

Wow, all these years I have been ignoring the emotional needs of my guppies when I go away for a long weekend.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.