RkyMtnHigh

Low Maintenance Pet. What should I get?

No shit...yesterday I looked at all of these as my new low maintenance companion. Once I opened up discussion with the cashier about my desire for a low maintenance pet..and I described.."ya know, I can leave it for a 3 day weekend and it wont be dead when I get back"...i think she decided she'd sell me nothing but a FLEE or TICK!:o:D

She suggested a turtle. (OMG! I *snort laughed* my ass off in the store and had to leave....)...shaking head in disbelief....:D

None of the above. You should get the ultimate low maintenance pet. A pet rock.

What the heck, get several. Have a rock family.

They won't take up much space, they won't multiply without your express permission, they don't eat, they don't drink (but they do like to have beer spilled on them occasionally), there's no messes to clean up (other than the spilled beer), they don't make noise unless you want them to, they won't die if you go on vacation and leave them alone, you can personalize and accessorize them, and you'll always get the same reaction from them when you get home - a simple blank stare.

Only $9.99 each, plus shipping and handling. :ph34r:

If you want something low maintenance look for an older (45-50) divorced man with either older or no kids.

Typically they can be left alone for at least a week without dying because by that age they know how to cook and do laundry.

Just ask my g/f....
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

They are so much fun though. A girl I work with has two of them. They do not smell because a vet removes his/her scent gland and they are the biggest crack up. Her cats and the ferrets play together. Any ferret is also spayed or neutered before it is given a home. Go for a FERRET. They will use a cat litter box also.

None of the above. You should get the ultimate low maintenance pet. A pet rock.

What the heck, get several. Have a rock family.

They won't take up much space, they won't multiply without your express permission, they don't eat, they don't drink (but they do like to have beer spilled on them occasionally), there's no messes to clean up (other than the spilled beer), they don't make noise unless you want them to, they won't die if you go on vacation and leave them alone, you can personalize and accessorize them, and you'll always get the same reaction from them when you get home - a simple blank stare.

Only $9.99 each, plus shipping and handling. :ph34r:

Too funnay...today my boss suggested a "pet rock" as well..and said that'd be my best bet:D

If you want something low maintenance look for an older (45-50) divorced man with either older or no kids.

Typically they can be left alone for at least a week without dying because by that age they know how to cook and do laundry.

Just ask my g/f....

Now that was funny.:D:D
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

They are so much fun though. A girl I work with has two of them. They do not smell because a vet removes his/her scent gland and they are the biggest crack up. Her cats and the ferrets play together. Any ferret is also spayed or neutered before it is given a home. Go for a FERRET. They will use a cat litter box also.

Woah...dude they DO smell...like mink oil if I recall..

I bought my daughter a couple of Ferrets when she was younger. Yes they were cute, fun and playful.. But they STUNK!! and yes we washed them all the time.
and the Biggest Problem.. I was absolutely AMAZED at the amout of SH*t they could produce. It really defied all logic. I would leave them a small amount of food and when I came home 9 hours later, there would be a pile of SH*T in the corner of the cage 5 times bigger than the amount food I left. They managed to do this every single day. I have no idea how something so small can eat so little food and produce that much crap.
Finally after a few Months I let her take her Ferrets back home to Moms house. They were not exactly Low Maintenance.

Fish would be fairly low maintenance but they are not very cuddley.

As far as not having to feed every day there are a few others that come to mind. A Snake. How about a Bearded Dragon? They are pretty low maintenence.

But really. You can leave a well behaved cat for up to a week with now worries. Leave the toilet seat in case they spill the water. If your going to be gone for a week I would suggest putting a second litter box next to the main one as some cats will take a shit right next to it if it get to full. This is of course assuning you are not allergic to cats.

Cats can be a pain in the ass when they want attention sometimes, but they are probably the most low maintenance animal you can have. We have two and leave them for extended weekends all the time.
My dog on the other hand spends very little time alone.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

Very simple solution to this one.....I know of a pet you can leave for over a month and will be ok. Pics are attached. I know of a good dealer if you need.

OMG...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...NOT an option! Ask BoostedXT, Namdrib, or RDutch...I am not okay with either spiders or snaaaaaaaaaaaaaakes:o

Not kuhl..not kuhl...I can't sleep with those around..nuh uh...ONE BIG EYE open all f'n nite...Oreo cookie EYE..(just a lil visual)

they don't eat, they don't drink (but they do like to have beer spilled on them occasionally), there's no messes to clean up (other than the spilled beer), they don't make noise unless you want them to, they won't die if you go on vacation and leave them alone, you can personalize and accessorize them, and you'll always get the same reaction from them when you get home - a simple blank stare.

Is that a Pet Rock or My Ex Girlfriend?

I would suggest no pet, really. If you don't have the time, why make the animal suffer? That's why I chose to give up my dogs:( I loved them, but it wasn't fair to them in the end with my schedule.

Fish are not low maintenance. You can buy an auto-feeder to feed them while you are gone, but water evaporates, algae needs cleaning, etc. The only low-maintenance fish tank is the one that houses a pet snake. Yes, there are fish that you can keep alive with low maintenance, but your tank will look like crap and fish will not thrive if maintenance is neglected.

(I'm not saying get a snake, btw, although you might want to look into it I really don't know much about them.)

I chose cat because ime they don't suffer (as much) from lack of attention as a dog or similar. But if you'll be gone more than a weekend i'd suggest no pet unless you know people who will check in on it.

-A.

How about a snake? Pretty easy to care for. Colorful, easy to feed. Don't smell too much.

Snakes SHIT a lot and sneak out...Namdrib and BoostedXT had pythons that were HUGE and all of a sudden disappeared from their tank and ended up in a SHOE or on top of a cabinet in the kitchen and ewwwy ewwy ..skeery..I dont like those surprises:o:D

geta fish.... you can even getan automatic timer feder that willfeed them for a whole week atatime..onlyneed to refill the little "hopper" once a week.... and they can be cool!!! and with the right plants (fake or alive) the tank can be a pretty cool item to your living room... and for some reason you can watch fish for hours and still be entertained.... er well some of us are entertained by them ...... alcohol cunsumption helps while being verry bored!!

Just ask my g/f....

Now that was funny.:D:D

:D:D:D:D:D:ph34r:........ love it! How about a girlfriend 15 year's younger and is avidly employed......:). yes, I done my own laundry for years :o....... being single again, let's me be with my new pet.:$........ "just joking Faith.:) love ya' baby!
El PeludoB| aka mikey T.

geta fish.... you can even getan automatic timer feder that willfeed them for a whole week atatime..onlyneed to refill the little "hopper" once a week.... and they can be cool!!! and with the right plants (fake or alive) the tank can be a pretty cool item to your living room... and for some reason you can watch fish for hours and still be entertained.... er well some of us are entertained by them ...... alcohol cunsumption helps while being verry bored!!

fish it is...thanks wingy;)