alex_778

VTP-100, Czech Rig

Hi, does anyone know anything about the VTP-100.

This is a rig I have heard about in connection with the Czech Republic. I believe it is a military HALO rig and may have had some technical problems resulting in a grounding a few years ago.

All help and input welcome.

Cheers from the UK.:)

technical data:
http://fjk-kl.de/vereinsschirm.htm

This canopy was made by Anex-Cirus, czech company which is inexperienced in parachute designing. Czech army bought parachutes for over $ 5 000 000. From 500 parachutes only few passed the tests. Josef Pavlata, coach of czech national team and World Champion said about Anex-Cirus products: "This pice of shit (VTP-100) should be gathered in one place and burned!". The tests confirmed that canopies ripped in the air, the lines broke and there was a lot of opening malfunctions. Czech Ministry of Defence confirmed that parachutes can not be used by army. (news from newspapers)

@Chiechen

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. So why are the boys at the Fallschirmjaeger Gemeinschaft using the rig:S if it so unreliable.

I tried to read some write ups in a Czech website but the translation software could not cope, I got the idea that they are a piece of shit though.

I found the company Mars in the Czech Rep. when I was looking for infos, are thier rigs any good or are they associated with the VTP-100?

You are welcome ;)
Nowy Targ is one of our DZ's It is in Tatry, our biggest mountains. A view of the mountains tooks breath away, especially sunset jumps.
I think the jumps your friend are thinking about aren't strictly military jumps. It is commercial camp for bodyguards who want to make jump using military round parachutes and military procedures. due to regulations it is very hard to jump with the army. But I heard that it is much easier for foreigners ;)

@ ciechan,

This is who organises military jumps:

www.european-paratrooper.de/europeanparatrooper_de/menu_page/page_all.php

If you look under TERMINE you can see the dates for Poland and also some for the Czech Republic. Not Nowy Targ though, instead a place called Zakopane. I was shown pictures of Nowy Targ previously and they all received the Polish military wings.

I believe there is also another group of military para's that organises these weekends in Poland and the Czech Republic also.

@Fido, I am just doing some background research on HALO rigs at the moment and this one popped up. Thanks for the pointer to the paraclub website, if I have any problems on the translation can I PM you?

Alex