piisfish

Jet Blue plane diverted due to "medical condition" of the pilot

I'm wondering what the other pilot was thinking while all this was going on. Did he know his partner was nuts and also didn't want him back in the cockpit? Or did he think there might be people trying to take over the plane by grabbing the pilot?

I'm wondering what the other pilot was thinking while all this was going on. Did he know his partner was nuts and also didn't want him back in the cockpit? Or did he think there might be people trying to take over the plane by grabbing the pilot?

I heard a news report that the other pilot persuaded him to leave the cockpit, then changed the code on the door lock.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I wonder is he's ever seen a grown man naked?

I wonder if he picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I heard a news report that the other pilot persuaded him to leave the cockpit, then changed the code on the door lock.

Yeah, I've seen that now in news reports. That was some cool-headed thinking. And luckily, there was another pilot on-board as a passenger, who stepped in to fill the empty seat to complete the flight.

It must have been really creepy for that other pilot to see the signs of his partner going nuts in the cockpit, and wondering what he might do and how he should handle it. That man deserves free beer.

Are commercial pilots allowed to fly with mental illness?

That's a big Negative. It certainly disqualifies you for a medical certificate to fly. But how to catch it? That's the problem.

I'm curious, too, what caused this breakdown? Stroke, blow to the head, what? Anyway, good thing there's two pilots, and the copilot certainly did the right thing. Kudos to him. :)

Are commercial pilots allowed to fly with mental illness?

That's a big Negative. It certainly disqualifies you for a medical certificate to fly. But how to catch it? That's the problem.

I'm curious, too, what caused this breakdown? Stroke, blow to the head, what? Anyway, good thing there's two pilots, and the copilot certainly did the right thing. Kudos to him. :)

What are the odds of two airline employee's showing signs off acute mental issues within two weeks of ea other:o

It could be the McNasty's have found a new "boc cutter" for the airline industry:(

Some airlines in a effort to be more cost effiecient have contracted out some of thier airline services. It will be interesting to see if the 3 letter gov't agencies are doing tox screens on the employee's involved in the last two events.

One pilot going postal is a freak incident, a whole flight crew going :S would be very B|.

So many flights, so many employee's, nothing is 100%.
At least Jump pilots are perfectly normalB|
One Jump Wonder

I wonder is he's ever seen a grown man naked?

I wonder if he picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Or a hell of a day to quit using amphetamines... we have clearance, Clarence.

What's our vector, Victor?

Surely you can't be serious.

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlDXQdgx_QU&feature=related
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Are commercial pilots allowed to fly with mental illness? This guy sounds really sick. Possible first break or something physiological. I'm curious to know what ends up being his diagnosis.

He's 49. While you can have a first break at any age it would be extremely unusual.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Maybe someone put LSD in his coffe.

FO did good as well as the passengers.

Want to be he knocked back a few stiff drinks after he was off duty.

Its not every day that the aircraft commander completely and utterly nuts up like that:o

Maybe someone put LSD in his coffe.

FO did good as well as the passengers.

Some of the passengers were going to L.V. for a LEO convention.

On CNN they interviewed a very large dude that described the choke hold he had on the confused pilot. The LEO said he held the choKe hold until he felt the pilot go limpB|.

Some of those LEO's are big people:)
One Jump Wonder

Wasn't Jetblue the one that had the male attendant chew everyone out on the PA, grab two beers and hit the emergency slide for an exit?

What does the Jetblue HR department use to pick employees? Dice? Ouija board? We have a spare uniform in your size...you're hired?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Wasn't Jetblue the one that had the male attendant chew everyone out on the PA, grab two beers and hit the emergency slide for an exit?

What does the Jetblue HR department use to pick employees? Dice? Ouija board? We have a spare uniform in your size...you're hired?

Isn't jet blue a low ball carrier?

Naybe you get what you pay for if you don't pay your employees as much as everyone else[:/]
One Jump Wonder

Don't get me wrong. I am a big fan of the flight attendant stunt. I thought it was classic.

But Jetblue does seem to be getting a bit of bad publicity lately compared to others. Who was it that left the passengers on the runway for hours?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.