gato_fly

Shift work

i got offered a job that would pay very well but the job sucks and is shift work at a desk all day five days a week. then, igot offered a job that is awesome with my own hours but the pay is less than half the other job.

i know that being happy at work is impotant but to what extent if the shitty job with good pay secures my future but might drive me nuts.

just wondering the communities thoughts

i got offered a job that would pay very well but the job sucks and is shift work at a desk all day five days a week. then, igot offered a job that is awesome with my own hours but the pay is less than half the other job.

i know that being happy at work is impotant but to what extent if the shitty job with good pay secures my future but might drive me nuts.

I say go with the job that makes you happy for less money. Unless you have a loan shark threatening to break your legs then go with the former...do you have a loan shark threatening to break your legs?

I say go with the job that makes you happy for less money. Unless you have a loan shark threatening to break your legs then go with the former...do you have a loan shark threatening to break your legs?

i told the loan shark i started skydiving... he told me he would pay for me to get these preformace toggles that had an extra 3 ft of slack. he said that they would make my flare much smoother ;)

i just don't want to accept something and regret the latter

2nd shift if you feel the 12a party scene is YOU, 3rd shift if you want to pick your freedoms of rest in 1st or rest later prior to shift(more flexible for me) the differential is really nice but weird emergency calls come in that are hard to get addressed. I picked my poison and finally utilized it all. Why does the job with pay seem so bad?

its not that its a bad paying job its that the better paying job has great pay but i would live in a lab 12 hours a day.

the other job i would be the lead at a small business. i think the small business would be the better choice to fit me because its more relaxed, i make my own hours, and yes i can live off the pay its just.... without trying to sound like a money hungry pig...i don't want to live in a house and then say to myself if i took the better paying job i could be living like X.

12hr shift~$80k/yr
small business my own hours and im lead~$38k

i know i'll be happy in the small business but the lab is a great paying job but i hate the thought of shift work 12/24 5 a week.

im a people person. i love to interact with people and the companys mission is very community oriented.

that financial split is just hard to ignore

its not that its a bad paying job its that the better paying job has great pay but i would live in a lab 12 hours a day.

the other job i would be the lead at a small business. i think the small business would be the better choice to fit me because its more relaxed, i make my own hours, and yes i can live off the pay its just.... without trying to sound like a money hungry pig...i don't want to live in a house and then say to myself if i took the better paying job i could be living like X.

12hr shift~$80k/yr
small business my own hours and im lead~$38k

i know i'll be happy in the small business but the lab is a great paying job but i hate the thought of shift work 12/24 5 a week.

im a people person. i love to interact with people and the companys mission is very community oriented.

that financial split is just hard to ignore

There's a book called "your money or your life"

If you want to be a "money pig" show off your bling bling and buy stuff you don't need . Don't worry be happy there's lots of people who do it and there's nothing with that for them:)
OTOH if you don't want/need the latest and greatest, go for the happy job. :)
Don't worry be happy!
One Jump Wonder

If you want to be a "money pig" show off your bling bling and buy stuff you don't need . Don't worry be happy there's lots of people who do it and there's nothing with that for them:)
Don't worry be happy!

i'm going to check this book out.

Don't worry be happy!

i'm going to check this book out.why not work the big $$$$ for a while and build a nest egg
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

So, your first post mentions five days a week. A later post mentions 12-hour shifts. Does this mean you'll be working FIVE 12-hour shifts each week? If so, fuck that.

I love nursing becuase it's usually 12 hour shifts. Most places will give you full time benefits at 3 12-hour shifts a week. That's four days off each week.

I currently work 24 hour shifts, two shifts every eight days. It IS very sweet, but brings with it some significant drawbacks.

Anyway, back on topic: go for the happiness over money.

Elvisio "been on both sides of the fence" Rodriguez

So, your first post mentions five days a week. A later post mentions 12-hour shifts. Does this mean you'll be working FIVE 12-hour shifts each week? If so, fuck that.

Right? but my only thought was about the income.

i guess more time to skydive with out the canopy of gold with 42" spinners is the right answer