loch1957

Ducati

I love Ducati's, but I will but 30,000 miles on my bike in a year. I can't afford the valve adjustments every 4-6,000 miles. In the end I bought a kick ass Yamaha R-1.

One day when I am rich and famous though.....:ph34r:

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

I love Ducati's, but I will but 30,000 miles on my bike in a year. I can't afford the valve adjustments every 4-6,000 miles. In the end I bought a kick ass Yamaha R-1.

One day when I am rich and famous though.....:ph34r:

Yeah, but the Yamaha needs a valve adjustment and some other minor maintenance at 26,600 miles ;)

A good friend of mine has been a maintenance tech for the local Yamaha dealership for ten years and has never done the 26600 maintenance.

Ducati makes some incredible and beautiful motorcycles, but you really need to keep up on the valve train maintenance. Some of their motorcycles even use leather belts.

Ducati is about the only brand I haven't owned. I came close, once. Then, I learned about all the cracked frames they suffer from at 9-10K miles. That's completely unacceptable. One can learn how to do the Desmo valves. That's not a problem. Cracked frames are a whole other matter. Too bad, really. Some of them are bad Ass.

A good friend of mine has been a maintenance tech for the local Yamaha dealership for ten years and has never done the 26600 maintenance.

LOL There's a reason for that:ph34r::ph34r:

Love Italian bikes Guzzi guy myself, but do have a very soft sport for the 750/900 SS B|B|B|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Not widely known but not the less "funny" as a fact is that Ducati once were a camera manufacturer ;)
http://www.cameraquest.com/ducati.htm
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

2011 848 Evo owner here.

263 miles on it, and counting.

Love it

Guy I rode with in TX got a Black 848 Evo when they first came out, gotta be one of the most beautiful bikes I've seen, but at the same time, one of the meanest looking.

I personally decided to go with a 2011 Triumph Street Triple R in Blazing Orange. About 2 months ago I got my tires swapped out at the local Duc dealer and was walking around the showroom slobbering.

That Triumph you bought looks pretty cool. Like a nice high class sv650 style bike. Bet it's a dream to ride in the city.

As for the Evo - I still slobber every time I get on it :)

Yea, it's oh so light and flickable, and it makes riding a lot of fun, regardless of where I am. Once the weather gets warmer it'll be my main method of getting to/from the DZ.

2011 848 Evo owner here.

Love it

Guy I rode with in TX got a Black 848 Evo when they first came out, gotta be one of the most beautiful bikes I've seen, but at the same time, one of the meanest looking.

I personally decided to go with a 2011 Triumph Street Triple R in Blazing Orange. About 2 months ago I got my tires swapped out at the local Duc dealer and was walking around the showroom slobbering.

Unless someone comes up with something better, that Street Triple will be the replacement for my SV when the time comes.
Remster

2011 848 Evo owner here.

Love it

Unless someone comes up with something better, that Street Triple will be the replacement for my SV when the time comes.

what about the SV1000?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

2011 848 Evo owner here.

Love it

what about the SV1000?

Hasnt been produced in the US for the last couple years now. Closest to it is the V Storm 1000, but that aint the same. In fact, Suzuki is not doing any nakeds anymore. [:/]
Remster

Beg your pardon??

Gladius, GSR 600, GSR 750...

None of which are available in North America, for the last few years. The Gladius was here for about 1 year, but the GSR line, as far as I recall, never was made available in NA.

And thank god about that for the Gladius.. All the reviews I saw on that bike were not that good, coming from the makers of the SV...

As I said, Suzuki has dropped the ball on the NA Naked market.
Remster

What's that link?

Any way, I've had 2

• Desmo 900ss (as attached ... mine was silver-blue
  • 600 Monster

• The 600 Monster is a great bike.
    I always wanted the 749 Dark. *drools - It plays to my memories of StreetHawk. B| Fuck it - I still want one.

What's that link?

Any way, I've had 2

• Desmo 900ss (as attached ... mine was silver-blue
  • 600 Monster

• The 600 Monster is a great bike.
    I always wanted the 749 Dark. *drools - It plays to my memories of StreetHawk. B| Fuck it - I still want one.

Ha - in that case, your memories of streethawk are waaay better than the reality - the bike they used for streethawk was a piece of shit!
    Never try to eat more than you can lift

2011 848 Evo owner here.

Love it

Can't go wrong with a triple. I've had the urge to sell the Street Triple R and go with a new Speed Triple R but then I remember that the Street is more than adequate.

If you want a naked bike, you stick with the Euro manufacturers. Forget any of the japanese bikes.

Forget any of the japanese bikes.

I think the SV is a very nice naked.

the SV and SVs are outstanding midsized bikes. When released they were by far "best in category", everyone else was scrambling to match them.
    My Life ROCKS!
    How's yours doing?