airtwardo

~ Friday the 13th!

Probably a good idea. I've found myself limiting my activities today. No ladders, no power tools, no sharp objects... not today! ;)

Spent the entire day sewing containers and harnesses to containers...

The bartacker was looking at me funny, but didn't bite.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Probably a good idea. I've found myself limiting my activities today. No ladders, no power tools, no sharp objects... not today! ;)

Spent the entire day sewing containers and harnesses to containers...

The bartacker was looking at me funny, but didn't bite.

Well, you must be doing something right. I've heard all the stories of riggers sewing their thumbs and fingers and so-on. I was taught to sew the material! :D

Chuck

Well, you must be doing something right. I've heard all the stories of riggers sewing their thumbs and fingers and so-on. I was taught to sew the material!

Was actually joking with the master rigger I'm working with while he was thumping away on his harness machine, that I've heard of people 5-cording their hands, but never seemed to hear of anyone bartacking themselves.

Yet.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

NO WONDER everything is going sideways today...:S

Fully expecting normiss to chime in on this thread sometime later today. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I spent the entire day running around with a pair of scissors in each hand.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Well, you must be doing something right. I've heard all the stories of riggers sewing their thumbs and fingers and so-on. I was taught to sew the material!

Was actually joking with the master rigger I'm working with while he was thumping away on his harness machine, that I've heard of people 5-cording their hands, but never seemed to hear of anyone bartacking themselves.

Yet.

Like you, I've never heard of anyone bar-tacking their finger. You'd have to be really tough to do that! :D:D

Chuck

In my experience, there's no such thing as luck. (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

Except bad luck (Riddler)

Friday the 13th always seems to bring bad things. Dunno why. Not superstitious, not religulous. My kiddos woke up with sore throats and coughing all night. I figured it would be a good day to take off and just hang out at the house. In the dark. With a flashlight. And maybe a shotgun.

Somehow, I got a headache. I never get headaches. Spent my last few dollars on liquid acetaminophen for the girls. Wondering how much money I can get for them if I sell them to science for experiments.

Internet keeps going out. Not that that's anything too new. I don't mind it going out when I'm not here, but it always seems to go out when I'm here.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

+2 I thought he started this thread!!! :(

Naw, separate thread for that. :S:D Don't worry, he'll heal up fast. I've spent my time in plaster city and crutch town. :P

I never worry about Friday the 13th. Not only am I not superstitious, but my Magic 8 Ball said it would be just fine. :)

Friday the 13th only happens on a specific day once every 7 years. Therefore, it is either lucky, or mitigates the evil with an equal amount of goody goodness.

you decide.....

:D:D:D:D:D

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

NO WONDER everything is going sideways today...:S

Maybe I should play it safe, grab a chilly one and head for the couch!! :ph34r:

Hi Jimmy and all,
:ph34r::D:DB|B|;)DAH 13'th!!! Thx for the reminder,......been pondering this for a few daze?? 'Been tryin to sell me and Peggy's house for a while, try a year and a half, got a real bite a week ago and GO,GO,GO,!!!!!! termite insp yesterday,...."OK,!!!!YEA!!!", house insp, today,(yesterday, really) anyway "THE 13TH!!!!!!" I was only (You guess the senario???) Well, we got squaks but at least we can deal with them!! Had to keep a positive attitude and think about the 13'th as "ONLY A NUMBER!!" It worked....this tine!! Blue skyz everyone. Keep yer fingerz crossed that we close on the 30th or earlier!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Friday the 13th only happens on a specific day once every 7 years.

Uh, twelve months/year, all with a "13th". Only 7 days in a week. Friday the 13th happens at least once or twice a year. :P

Our son was born on Friday the 13th. He turned out great. B|

Friday the 13th on a specific day i.e. January 1st etc..
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

So, January first only happens once a Friday the 13th?

:o:o:o:oOH NOES, Someone done broke the time space continuum:o:o:o
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

(sigh..........)
I meant Jan. 13th.

i.e Jan 13th would only happen on a Friday once every 7 years. (minus whatever leap year calculus bullcrap you want to leave out of it. ;))

(edit spelling and 50 other damn things i wanted to change)!!

(sigh..........)

Oh, damn. I fucked that all up, didn't I?

Friday the 13th only happens on Jan 1st! :S:S