SpeedRacer

Why do people spell "oops" as "opps?"

It makes no sense. Here you have a phonetically-spelled word, and people deliberately spell it un-phonetically. Why would they do that?

I can understand why some stupid people spell "lose" as "loose." That's just due to commonplace morons who don't read books.

But how do you you explain the "opps" phenomenon?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

It makes no sense. Here you have a phonetically-spelled word, and people deliberately spell it un-phonetically. Why would they do that?

I can understand why some stupid people spell "lose" as "loose." That's just due to commonplace morons who don't read books.

Hi speed racer

This is either a troll or

your a bully or

a spelling nazi

Which is it?
One Jump Wonder

It's 'cause the keys are next to each other

I think you may be on to something...

When typing fast your brain knows you have to double tap a letter in a general area. Sometimes I'll also find myself correcting the mistake of typing "maas" instead of "mass" or "scholl" instead of "school."

I thinks it's basically a combination of thinking too fast, typing too fast, and little baby brain farts.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Let's also throw in:

Their
There
They're

Too
Two
To

Ya, I find myself doing this all the time, and I even know better. A major pet peeve of mine is when people type "your" instead of "you're" but I still make that mistake at times.

...another one is "of had" instead of "have had"

It's easy to tell who doesn't know the differences in all these mistakes because they'll do it repeatedly...

Just to add...I think words like "wanna" and "gonna" are acceptable.

One of my personal grammatical dispositions is my incorrect application or overuse of an ellipsis or hyphen...but that's just my style - true.

Hi speed racer

This is either a troll or

your a bully or

a spelling nazi

Which is it?

Ya, I always found it humorous how some people will use the grammatical mistakes of others as a legitimate means to assert their dominance or superiority...I rather just burp REALLY loud in a crowded mass of people.

By the time you are typing an "o," your brain is already thinking about typing a "p," so maybe it's just an accident, and some people don't check before posting?

Or maybe they've seen it spelled that way so many times, they think that's how it's spelled???

I don't know.... Just one of the many great mysteries that make this life so interesting..... :P