mrubin

Kansas City BBQ

I'm going to be passing through Kansas City this weekend and am hoping to find some good BBQ. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I'm going to be passing through Kansas City this weekend and am hoping to find some good BBQ. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Only one place: Arthur Bryants

Located on Brooklyn ave, Try and go during daytime hrs and and park in front or west side. DO NOT PARK in Back!!!
One Jump Wonder

You can't go wrong with any of these...

Oklahoma Joe's: 3002 W. 47th St., KCKS (cool place - inside a gas station.)

Jack Stack BBQ: (4) locations - Martin City - south of KC; Overland Park; Freight House District (midtown); Plaza. Cheesy corn bake and baked beans are awesome!

Arthur Bryants: 1727 Brooklyn, KCMO (friendly suggestion - visit during daylight hours) Don't go to the one out by the Speedway. Not as good as the original.

Gates BBQ: 4-5 locations around KC. Be ready to order - as soon as you get close to the counter they yell "HI-MAY I HELP YOU!"

Arthur Bryants: 1727 Brooklyn, KCMO (friendly suggestion - visit during daylight hours) Don't go to the one out by the Speedway. Not as good as the original.

That's putting it nicely. I'll go one step further. The one at the Speedway SUCKS!
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.