Junkers87

Para-commander jumps

Me and a few of my buddies are visiting Florida this coming easter.

Last summer I did a static-line (with a 5 second drouge delay) jump with a non-steerable round in Estonia. From 1200 feet. ;)

It scared the shit out of me, but it was really fun, nontheless. I jumped wearing sneakers, but the PLF saved my life! :o

Coming to Florida in a few months, I would really like to try jumping the paracommander/papillon or something similar. Does anyone here know someone who can help me accomplish this?

(Yes - I know some people think I must be crazy - I am, and I don't care! :P)

I have 56 round jumps. Other than 4 round reserve rides most of those jumps were on para-commanders.

I did it because that was the "advanced" round at the time. It is ironic that I was doing 4-way rw but I was still not considered to have enough experience to handle a square. Many of my buddies did not jump a square until they had over 100 round jumps.

My 5th jump on a ram-air was a night jump.....

We used to say a good landing on a PC meant you did not get dirt up your nose.....Of course I did a few stand-ups in the peas but I was less than 150 lbs back then and those were rare.

Why on earth do you want to do that?

If there were more videos of landings from the good old days you might reconsider.

But hey! if that's what you want go for it....Orthopedic surgeons are also more advanced these days.

Coming to Florida in a few months, I would really like to try jumping the paracommander/papillon or something similar. Does anyone here know someone who can help me accomplish this?
................................................................................quote
"The Richmond Boys" Flying Circus in Richmond Indiana.
They have the largest collection of jumpable paracomander rigs that I know of in the USA, and jump them regularly.
They have PAP's,27ft russians,comp's,jumbos,Mk-2's,MK-1's around 30 of them all ready to jump.
So if you REALLY want to jump one screw Florida, go north about 1000 miles.:)And yes people will think something is wrong with you!:P

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo