skydivex3m

which musical is your favorite??

Anything written by Andrew Lloyd Webber is bound to please and I think if you look at this thread you'll see that most people have listed quite a few of his works. For a more complete listing see; http://en.wikipedia.org/...w_Lloyd_Webber#Shows

true, I saw Starlight Express in London in the late 80s. Was a great show as well.

I love Judy Garland, but I think that Liza is great too.

....... speaking of Judy Garland....
If the Wizard of Oz counts as a musical, it would be up there on my list...
All those memorable songs,,, and so much fun to sing them in a "munchkin voice"...
West Side Story.. the music was very good.. "Maria" , "Officer Krupkee" "When You're a Jet"..
( you can see that I'm dating myself, so i won't even mention Oklahoma !!! "....) :P;):).........jmy
Oh yes..... Oliver was pretty good too.. Whoever Played Fagin to jack wild's artful dodger
in the screen version, owes some gratitude to Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull,, for the costume idea..... those songs were good. "you've got to pick a pocket or two"..."who will buy these beautiful roses" " consider yourself at home"...:D.....
I never clicked with the Sound of music.... ( too mushy ).. but Mary Poppins was pretty cool,,, and i really started digging Julie Andrews when she got away from that goody goody personality, and started demonstrating some sexuality...:o. later in her career... Who would have guessed Mary Poppins was so HOT..???!!!
hahahahaha

It's a tie between "The Sound of Music" and "The Wizard of Oz".

Sometimes when I'm doing CReW and we see one of those "glories", I'm tempted to sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", but then I realize the razzing I would get from Walt would not be worth it!B|
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

By far Phantom of the Opera is and will always be my fav.I've heard good things about the Vegas show but to me, nothing will ever beat the experience of sitting at the Majestic Theatre on Broadway and hearing that music!Even after seeing it off Broadway nothing compares to the real thing.The movie did it justice as much as Hollywood can when it takes artistic license of a production and puts it on screen(although the changing of wording in the music and moving the chandlier scene was annoying to those of us who are real "Phantom Phans").The book is also worth reading for all of those who loved the stage production.

I also love Rent and hope to see a good stage performance of it one day.

I saw Chicago on Broadway and they definitely did it justice.Didnt like the movie.

Now I'm just waiting for the day I get to see Les Miserables on Broadway...another fav.I've read the book (in English and in French) and while in school(French class) we watched the movie versions in English and in French.Loved it and now I'm just waiting for a chance to see it live.I had the option of seeing Phantom or Les Mis on Broadway and I chose Phantom.Then they came up with extra tickets for Chicago too...man I wished they had been for Les Mis instead!(not that Chicago wasnt good).

My top 3 list:
Phantom
Rent
Les Miserables

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

I like "A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum". It's ridiculously funny and just delightfully naughty. The local high school kids just put on a good production about a month ago and I enjoyed it all over again.

"Oh, oh, oh, oh, everybody ought to have a maid...."

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

West Side Story.

Bernstein is a genius. Overature To Candid is my bygod all time favorite song.

I never have had the opportunity to see the real show, only the movie. Still, though, its badass if for no other reason then the music.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

1 Funny Girl 2 Les Mis 3 Chicago Usually the movie doesn't shine as bright as the stage show but with Chicago both in my opinion were equally well done but different. I hope the movie version of Les Mis with Hugh Jackman. Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway works but having serious doubts it will.

"Cabaret"(both stage and film version) is my favorite.
I think I'd like the "Threepenny Opera" too (I have two versions of the soundtrack) but I've yet to see it in person.

I like "Evita" too.

"Phantom of the Opera" is a lot of fun, but I'd like it better if, at the end, the heroine told both The Phantom and her suitor something like "Actually, the both of you are annoying. I'm outta here!"
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

Rocky Horror

I actually had not seen Rocky Horror (in its entirety) when I posted in this thread years ago, but now I have, and I might include it in my favorites.

Still love "Singin' in the Rain" and "Cabaret." (And maybe I'll even agree with Paul now that Joel Grey was the shiniest star in that one.)

And I seem to have forgotten "Tommy."

Oh, so many musicals that I love..... but "Singin' in the Rain" will probably always be tops. :)
But just for fun, here's the awesome "flying" scene from the musical "Flying Down to Rio":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6xzyVY7EfU

Still love "Singin' in the Rain" and "Cabaret."

I got to see "Cabaret" last summer. Too bad I wasn't prepared for the end! (this production did the morose, tragic ending). [:/]

I will agree with you on "Tommy," plus I noticed a couple 2006 posts had "Chess" (my vote).

And if we're including movies, how about "The Wall"? That one left me feeling emotionally violated. Not what I expected, and I wouldn't turn to it for entertainment, but it was a brilliant use of imagery and sound to get the audience into the mind of Pink. Absolute art IMHO.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!