skydivex3m

which musical is your favorite??

I will agree with you on "Tommy," plus I noticed a couple 2006 posts had "Chess" (my vote).

Although it played three years in London, actually having seen "Chess" in the US is pretty rare. It only played two months on Broadway and sporadically elsewhere. It's not horribly "popular," "safe" accessible like an "Oklahoma" or some other standard, so it doesn't get done a lot. I believe it was a small road company that blew through town where I saw it.

Where'd you see it?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

No love for The Producers?

Saw "The Producers" in LA with Nathan Lane and Martin Short. Both where channeling Wilder and Mostel. Lane would frequently go off script with ad libs and while funny is generally frowned upon in more legit theater. After all, it's Mel Brook's "The Producers" and not Nathan Lane's.

Numbers were generally spectacular with the exception of the horrible "That Face" number after the second act break. I really have no idea what the hell they were thinking with that.

Film version is nice, but I think Will Ferrell was miscast.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Singing in the Rain was good. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers was better. Anyone recall Paint Your Wagon? Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood get to sing!
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

2 that I forgot to mention: "Blood Brothers" which I saw in New York with Carole King in the lead. It originated in London with Kiki Dee in the lead and is still playing there with different lead. Very much unknown but believe longest running musical in London ever and "Into The Woods". The first time I saw it the girl that played little red riding hood was hysterical. And the sexual references about Rapunzel and climbing her hair had me rolling on the floor!

The Movie was great We like the Scottish guy!
Most FUN is Sound of Music... on the job nothing is greater than outbursts of thiose show tunes to freak people out;)

Singing in the Rain was good. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers was better. Anyone recall Paint Your Wagon? Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood get to sing!

Where am I goin'? I don't know.
When will I get there? I ain't certain.
All that I know is I am on my way.
:P
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I will agree with you on "Tommy," plus I noticed a couple 2006 posts had "Chess" (my vote).

Although it played three years in London, actually having seen "Chess" in the US is pretty rare. It only played two months on Broadway and sporadically elsewhere. It's not horribly "popular," "safe" accessible like an "Oklahoma" or some other standard, so it doesn't get done a lot. I believe it was a small road company that blew through town where I saw it.

Where'd you see it?

We did the entire score in HS, and I saw some bits of it on some TV program (entertainment or some sort) a LONG time ago. My school actually did it as the big spring production some time after I graduated, but I had since moved and didn't get to see it. [:/]
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!