npgraphicdesign

Wing walking...has anyone done this?

There was a skydiver in TN in the 90's that used to wingwalk before she started jumping. I think her name is Pamela Hamlett (sp?) or something like that. IIRC, she said she actually survived a forced landing during one of her stunts.

I saw a safety wire for part of it, but she appeared not to be using it later. The move that looked the shakiest to me? Standing over the pilot's cockpit with only one hand holding on. :S:o

I have to say I noticed she had a very nice . . . build as she was climbing around the plane. I wonder if she'd like to do a tandem sometime. ;):$

I'm climbed most of the way out on the step of a C-182 without a rig on once. I didn't have any desire to go farther. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEp_CEWFkPU

Lee Oman's monkey cam...

Lee's a skydiver and he's the guy that fell off Jimmy Franklin's bird hanging by the safety wire until Jimmy dropped him into the bed of a speeding pickup truck and they cut the wire.

I've worked with Lee a a bunch of times....NEVER shake hands with the guy, he's got a grip that pops tennis balls! :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have to say I noticed she had a very nice . . . build as she was climbing around the plane. I wonder if she'd like to do a tandem sometime. ;):$

Yes, when I saw the question "Have you ever done this", I was thinking...well...you know what I was thinking.:$
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Anyone recall the scene from the film "The Great Waldo Pepper", when two barnstorming pilots first hear about wingwalking and decide to try it?

The guy crawls out of the front cockpit, puts his foot on the wing...and his leg punches through the fabric as he falls onto the wing with his crotch against the upper surface, and his leg protruding through the lower surface. He looks up at the pilot in the rear cockpit and yells:

"I don't like this very much!"

:D:D:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

This looks amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqBznTgaU5s

Would you do it? :o:S

Talk to NFA-Jim at Elsinore (Jim Hickey) he's older than Twardo, and doing loose shit like this all the time :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I nick named him NFA-Jim, (No Fucking About- Jim):D:D:D:D
Cool guy, but it's like he trying to cram everything he can possiblu do in the shortest time available :) LUCKY BASTARD:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Talk to NFA-Jim at Elsinore (Jim Hickey) he's older than Twardo...

OK, Squeak; You just lost credibility there.:P:D

I saw a safety wire for part of it, but she appeared not to be using it later.

That's what it looked like to me as well. Never saw her unhook it though.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

When I see wing walking mentioned now I think of the horrible case (just last year, I think) of the lady who was burned when her husband's plane caught fire, and eventually died from her injuries.

I guess that's what I'd be worried about - some kind of aircraft emergency when you're in such a vulnerable position.