mjosparky

You are an old fart.

Hi muff,

When the first two "digits" of your phone number were letters. For example, Winter Haven, FL had "CY" for "Cypress" and Lakeland used "MU" for "Mutual".

In 1947 my folks bought their first house in Portland. My mother still has the same phone number. It started as TW 9658 ( TW =
TWin Oaks ), it then went to BU-9 9658 ( BU = BUtler), and today it is 289-9658.

Anybody beat that?

:)

JerryBaumchen

Hi muff,

When the first two "digits" of your phone number were letters. For example, Winter Haven, FL had "CY" for "Cypress" and Lakeland used "MU" for "Mutual".

In 1947 my folks bought their first house in Portland. My mother still has the same phone number. It started as TW 9658 ( TW =
TWin Oaks ), it then went to BU-9 9658 ( BU = BUtler), and today it is 289-9658.

Anybody beat that?

JerryBaumchen

Yup,

Our first number back on my Grandmothers farm was two longs and a short.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Hi muff,

Anybody beat that?

JerryBaumchen

Yup,

Our first number back on my Grandmothers farm was two longs and a short.

My Boss's grandma's signal was two shorts and a long. All calls went thru the operator and she knew everyone by name and signal.

We have a stromberg -carlson candle stick phone on our end table that was converted into a table lamp. Pick up the ear piece and the light mounted on top of the candlestick comes on.:)
Phone doesn't work anymore:(

http://worthopedia.s3.amazonaws.com/images/thumbnails2/1/0507/04/1_4a5d44adde66a4c5b4e19195448491f4.jpg
One Jump Wonder

Your a old art if you dial "O" on your phone and expect a phone operator to respond.

hrm...i must be old...my land line still has a operator...i know cells aren't set up that way

Interesting:)
I stopped dialing"O" on my phone when they starting charging for the "extra" service:S[/reply

Never said there wasn't a price to pay but you can still use it;)

Hi Blondie!!,
Never mind the "O" there was a time when "Directory Assistance" was a pipe dream!! The Operator would come on line and say "Information Please!!!" "Not any more man!!"

Yea now its all automated:S....lol i make them get on there anyways:D

Hi muff,

Anybody beat that?

JerryBaumchen

Can I call your Mom? Tell her we used to jump together (at least I think we did, didn't we?)?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Your a old art if you dial "O" on your phone and expect a phone operator to respond.

hrm...i must be old...my land line still has a operator...i know cells aren't set up that way

Interesting:)
I stopped dialing"O" on my phone when they starting charging for the "extra" service:S[/reply

Never said there wasn't a price to pay but you can still use it;)

Hi Blondie!!,
Never mind the "O" there was a time when "Directory Assistance" was a pipe dream!! The Operator would come on line and say "Information Please!!!" "Not any more man!!"

Hi Mr Bill

Dated a women who's mom was a telephone operator.

The nice phone company had a quota for their operators to answer X number of calls/hr. >:( There was also a supervisor on patrol.

If the opeerators had a run of confused customers that required extra time their jobs were at risk. Made a ok job into a stressfull job.
One Jump Wonder

Ours was CA...Capital

Funny story, when the 1st 'touch tone' phones came out people use to miss the 8 and hit the 0 instead...that meant we got a LOT of wrong number calls for the local Pizza Parlor...my dad use to take the order. . .

"Be ready in 20 minutes" >:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

County morque: You stab em we slab em:ph34r:

Mary's whore house: We don't gove a fuck for nothing:ph34r:

1970 No caller ID, 3 roomies that were vets and jumpers. Call our phone number:ph34r:

Don't like our phone etiquete :(

To bad :D:D

One Jump Wonder

County morque: You stab em we slab em:ph34r:

Mary's whore house: We don't gove a fuck for nothing:ph34r:

1970 No caller ID, 3 roomies that were vets and jumpers. Call our phone number:ph34r:

Don't like our phone etiquete :(

To bad :D:D

“Grandma’s whore house, Grandma speaking……”

“World War II, General Patton speaking……….”

“This number is no longer in service…..If you feel you have reached this message in error please hang up and dial 911…………”

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

“Grandma’s whore house, Grandma speaking……"

My Dad's favorite was
"Joe's pool room. Cueball speaking."

When I moved into my last house, I got the old phone number of an extinct Bail Bondsman. It took a long while to get one of the bozos to scratch the number off the wall.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

“Grandma’s whore house, Grandma speaking……"

My Dad's favorite was
"Joe's pool room. Cueball speaking."

When I moved into my last house, I got the old phone number of an extinct Bail Bondsman. It took a long while to get one of the bozos to scratch the number off the wall.

"Joe's crematorium, you kill 'em, we grill 'em!";)
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

You know you're old when you shop for a toilet that has a low-water profile so your balls don't get wet.

You shoulda just dug the hole a little deeper. :D

(Anyone ever have an outhouse? I remember my grandparents' had a 2-holer before they got indoor plumbing.)

When I got my first cell phone, the last 7 digits were the same as a water/sewer dept of a county up in the mountains, (but area code was different). It took years for a lot of bozos to wrap their heads around the fact the Denver metro area has a different area code than the mountains.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You know you're old when you shop for a toilet that has a low-water profile so your balls don't get wet.

(Anyone ever have an outhouse? I remember my grandparents' had a 2-holer before they got indoor plumbing.)

:D:D
My aunt and uncle had a 2-holer. Even as a young kid I wondered...do they really take a dump together?
:o
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Yup. Grandpa had one at the fish camp at Steinhatchee( one of them names you have trouble with;))...

Did ya ever open up the door and have a 6' Eastern Diamondback hiding in the outhouse? That will wake ya up in a hurry

Yup. Grandpa had one at the fish camp at Steinhatchee( one of them names you have trouble with;))...

Did ya ever open up the door and have a 6' Eastern Diamondback hiding in the outhouse? That will wake ya up in a hurry

There are still plenty of diamondbacks, moccasins and pygmies that travel through the property along with hogs, turkey, and whitetails , but I never saw one in the outhouse. The place borders a 2000 acre preserve just a few miles south of Zhills. The side walls only came down to about 8 or 10 inches above the ground so the chickens sometimes did a walk-through while you were in there. Scary enough for a small kid! :)
Yeah, "Steinhatchee" ...I think that's a Jewish-Indian settlement. :D Used to do a little fishing up there. Scalloping, too.

Hi Krip,

Dated a women who's mom was a telephone operator.

A guy who I jumped with back in the 60's ( and I'm having lunch with this Thursday ), who lived in Vancouver, WA needed a phone number in Portland.

He called Information, got to sweet talking the operation & laid her two nights later.

:P

JerryBaumchen

Hi Jim,

"Be ready in 20 minutes"

When we were teenagers we would randomly pick a name & number out of the phone book, call them up and say, "Mr. Jones, This is Greyhound Express and you have a package that needs to be picked as soon as possible."

Never did know how many actually drove down to the bus station demanding their package.

JerryBaumchen

Hi muff,

Anyone ever have an outhouse?

Yup, my grandmother did. That was very cold in the winter.

There are somethings from one's childhood that you never forget.

:o

JerryBaumchen

PS) I can still remember the weekend when all of her sons & sons-in-law showed up to put indoor plumbing into her house; that was a very big deal back in those days.