mjosparky

You are an old fart.

Hi Rip,
Yup, and ya' know yer an old fart if'n ya' made yer first sport jump on Static line outa' an old A model Cessna 170 and had "No Static line assist device" eg a velcro disconnect lanyard or 8/7 aka 5-cord cotton tie between the end of the S/L and the P/C, and during your exit count proceedure ya' dipped yer shoulder, either left or right, on the 3-count to overcome the pilot chute hesitation!!!! Been there, done that!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi Mr Bill

Finnly about the pre legal lotto thing. I never did it, was to young:) but I was living in the big apple ,and I''m sure in going on in other large metro areas.

it was run by a organization that had a divesified portfolio of fund raising illegal activities
and .wasn't cincerned about the consequences if they got caught except their poor customers weren't going to get paid,

I think the uniffical lotto woild cost as little as $.25, but the payout wasn't that big either, just big enough when yoou got lucky you were a happy camper and rolling in the $$$.for a short time.

The winning number was randomaly chosen daily and printed in the newpaper and could be checked by all the players by the checking the last 3 digits of the attendence figures at certain sporting events.

For $.25 and choosing three single digit numbers people could buy a dreamB|

A simple time.
I think your a old fart when you start to understand why your parents did some of the things they did.[:/]

One Jump Wonder

Hi Abedy,

I guess 'You are an old fart' when your memory is not as good as it once was.

I seem to remember another car that opened up in the front just like the Isetta does.

Anyone know anything? Or am I completely losing it?

JerryBaumchen

I may have just stumbled onto what you might be remembering. It is a Zunndapp Janus.

Bob
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Hi Abedy,

I guess 'You are an old fart' when your memory is not as good as it once was.

I seem to remember another car that opened up in the front just like the Isetta does.

Anyone know anything? Or am I completely losing it?

JerryBaumchen

Heinkel

www.google.com/search?q=heinkel+bubble+car&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=44eET4y4HsmBgwfg_qy2Bw&ved=0CEAQsAQ&biw=1613&bih=980

The the Triumph Spitfire and Ford Mustang came out to shoot down the Heinkels and Messerchmitts.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hi John,

Thank you; I do believe that is it.

In early '63 I was stationed with a guy who had one in Massachusetts; he said it was the best car you could drive in the snow.

Also, 3-wheeled cars, in England back in those days, were considered motorcycles and you paid a lot less road tax on a motorcycle than on a car.

JerryBaumchen

OK...OK...I got the true one that is going to take the cake.
(I prefer chocolate)

You know you're an old fart when...

Last Sunday you see someone wearing a
"Beaver Cleaver" T-shirt and it suddenly hits you....
the OMG-how-many-years-old play on words.

Beaver Cleaver?

The show's originators are probably STILL laughing at getting one over on the censors.
:D:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Also, 3-wheeled cars, in England back in those days, were considered motorcycles and you paid a lot less road tax on a motorcycle than on a car.

Last month I was on a 3 day run to Beatty, NV and we got into a discussion about tikes. One of the guys was riding one. He claimed that the state of CA does not consider them a “motorcycle”. He said since they feel that way he probably was exempt from the helmet law. I thought about it a few minutes and said that he just may be right. But on the other hand he would be required to wear a seat belt. :P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Your a old far tif you can rememmber when you had to share you Phone land line with someone you didn't know:|

WOW! Even in the Golden West? It was a nuisance during GDR times I was told. Well, I didn't qualify for a phone during GDR times (you had to apply for it...) but got one in 1990 - when we also belonged to the Golden West - but had to share it with someone who lived next door. They didn't phone much, their daughter wasn't in that age, so we rarely got the "engaged" signal. But I was quite relieved when we got our own line in ... hmm... 1995 or so? So that doesn't make me an old fart coz my son and my daughter can 'member this problem, too.

P.S.: You're a really oooold fart when you 'member the times when girls in Utah married Young. (Not a political statement :P)
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Your a old far tif you can rememmber when you had to share you Phone land line with someone you didn't know:|

WOW! Even in the Golden West? It was a nuisance during GDR times I was told. Well, I didn't qualify for a phone during GDR times (you had to apply for it...) but got one in 1990 - when we also belonged to the Golden West - but had to share it with someone who lived next door. They didn't phone much, their daughter wasn't in that age, so we rarely got the "engaged" signal. But I was quite relieved when we got our own line in ... hmm... 1995 or so? So that doesn't make me an old fart coz my son and my daughter can 'member this problem, too.

P.S.: You're a really oooold fart when you 'member the times when girls in Utah married Young. (Not a political statement :P)

WOW! You had an "engaged" signal? We shared our line with multiple families and you could just pick up the receiver and get in on a conversation if you were crass enough. Sometimes you had to just pick up the phone and tell the inconsiderate windbags to get the hell off the line so you could make a call. :D

Your a old art if you dial "O" on your phone and expect a phone operator to respond.

hrm...i must be old...my land line still has a operator...i know cells aren't set up that way

Interesting:)
I stopped dialing"O" on my phone when they starting charging for the "extra" service:S
One Jump Wonder

Your a old art if you dial "O" on your phone and expect a phone operator to respond.

hrm...i must be old...my land line still has a operator...i know cells aren't set up that way

I stopped dialing"O" on my phone when they starting charging for the "extra" service:S[/reply

Never said there wasn't a price to pay but you can still use it;)

I stopped dialing"O" on my phone when they starting charging for the "extra" service:S[/reply

Never said there wasn't a price to pay but you can still use it;)

Hi Blondie!!,
Never mind the "O" there was a time when "Directory Assistance" was a pipe dream!! The Operator would come on line and say "Information Please!!!" "Not any more man!!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

...and he is quoted as saying; "I don't care how you bring 'em... just bring'em young!"

Chuck

...and he is quoted as saying; "I don't care how you bring 'em... just bring'em young!"

Chuck

If your a old fart they are all youngB|;)
One Jump Wonder

When LSD was still legal,
If you've ever seen Janis or Jimi,
If you know where you were the day JFK was shot,
If your best friend's big brother was killed in Vietnam,
If you cut your hair and went "Clean for Gene" in '68,

You're an old fart.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Chuck

If your a old fart they are all youngB|;)

It's all good! Just that some's better. ;)

Chuck

You took family trips BEFORE the invention of the mini-van and remember riding in the back of the station wagon trying to get passing trucks to honk at you.

Guilty as charged :$

But when my kids were little and the minivan was (finally) invented, I thought it was the best thing, ever B|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9