mjosparky

You are an old fart.

so old.......have a 3 digit social security number

Airtwardo is so old, his social security number is in the single digits... :P

Hey, I'm so old I remember when 'social security' meant dry powder for the flintlock! B|>:(:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Wasn't there a similar car called the Messerschmidt?

Here is the Messerschmidt.

EDIT : Well, I tried to upload photos but they aren't here. Maybe I'll figure it out.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

I never saw it as it was a West German thingy but I think you refer to the Kabinenroller (cabin scooter)
I only saw it on West German TV and never really understood how anyone could like these ugly vehicles.

There was an even uglier vehicle of this kind in the GDR, the infamous Krause Duo. It was a vehicle for disabled people, mainly those who worked and needed a ride. It was more or less built from two "Schwalbe" (swallow) scooters. The engine was only 50 cc two-stroke so the Krause Duo was a real nuisance even if the road wasn't going up.

There was also a Trabant that could be fitted for some disabled people, the so-called "Hycomat" but they needed to have one functional leg for the brake IIRC.

BTW: All GDR mopeds were built in Suhl and given bird names. I had a "Star" (starling), another nice one was the "Habicht" (goshawk) - both with 50 cc two-stroke - and if you had a motorbike license you could ride the 80 cc "Sperber" (sparrow-hawk)
All of those mopeds were quite easy to maintain, very robust and pretty fast: A good Star or Habicht made 70 km/h with only 50 cc! B|

Nuff mused... :$

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Motor oil at the gas station in the glass jars with a tin spout on top. I barely remember those, so I'm too old:D

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Motor oil at the gas station in the glass jars with a tin spout on top. I barely remember those, so I'm too old:D

If, I recall correctly, that was 're-claimed' oil. Processed drain oil. A buddy of mine used that oil in his '56 T-bird!

Anyone remember 'Silver Certificates'?

Chuck

If, I recall correctly, that was 're-claimed' oil. Processed drain oil. A buddy of mine used that oil in his '56 T-bird!

Yep. That was my oil of choice for my bomber '58 Ford Fairlane.
I forget how many miles to the quart I got in that old tank.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Anyone remember 'Silver Certificates'?

Yes, I do. I still have one or two around somewhere.

I actually got one as change at a fast food restaurant.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."