mjosparky

You are an old fart.

Hi Abedy

The continental car kit, fender skirts, We used to call the cars that had those add ons "Pimp Mobiles" due to the guy's occupation that drove them, Those cars had lots of bling bling' chrome phony staps that went over the trunk and car hood. Chrome curb feelers so the wide white wall tires wouldn't get dirty rubbing on the curb.

Then there was another group that had fuzzycolored dingo balls around all their car windows, Fuzzzy dice and high school graduation tassle hanging from rear view mirror, vigin mary's, on their dash board and the dog statue with the knodding head in the rear window, ledge.

Suicide doors on cars, Carters little liver pills are still around but now their called something else.

Cable TV:S Rabbit ear's, second line of defence add aluminum foil for custum tuneing.:P Third option "thump it,

Last option: Open up the back of the tv /radio and look for a tube that wasn't glowing. Take it in for testing and get a replacement.

Flight attnedents were called stewardess SP?/:$ I don't remember any that were "Old" over 25-30.. Now there are flight attendents that are dudes :o and some women attendents that have lots of flying hr'sB|

Rat fink:D Now its "snitch's get stitch's" and they mean itB|

Dentist office that had a spitoon to rinse and a one speed drill that ran on exposed ropes and pully's.
Dental Floss:S

Nurse! Can I have my glass of warm milk It's time for another nap.

R.

'FENDER SKIRTS.'
A term I haven't heard in a long time, and thinking about 'fender skirts' started me thinking about other words that quietly disappear from our language with hardly a notice like 'curb feelers.'

I had a '74 Cadillac Coupe De Ville with fender skirts.

Does anybody remember the 70's diet candy called "Ayds"? It had to be pulled off the market, for obvious reasons.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Hi John,

Re: Feb 3, 1959

The day the music died.

:S

JerryBaumchen

PS) And who was sick & decided to not get on the plane?

The "Big Bopper" (J P Richardson) was sick and did get on the plane. Waylon Jennings gave up his seat to him. Another of Holly's band, Tommy Alsup, lost his seat to Ritchie valens in a coin toss. The plane was originally intended for Buddy Holly and his band (and arranged for by Holly) but he was the only one who didn't give up his seat on the flight.

Wiki Clicky
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Hi joe,

The "Big Bopper" (J P Richardson) was sick and did get on the plane. Waylon Jennings gave up his seat to him.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

I knew who did what just did not spend the time typing it out correctly.

Ya gotta be old to know that Waylon was supposed to be on the plane,

JerryBaumchen

Hi John,

Re: Feb 3, 1959

The day the music died.

:S

JerryBaumchen

PS) And who was sick & decided to not get on the plane?

The “Big Bopper” has the flu and talked Waylon Jennings out of his seat. Ritchie Valens won a coin toss for his seat. ;)Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Hi joe,

The "Big Bopper" (J P Richardson) was sick and did get on the plane. Waylon Jennings gave up his seat to him.

JerryBaumchen

I hadn't been born yet, but I know enough rock and roll history (and/or trivia) to know about Waylon.

The Wiki link has the part about Buddy wishing Waylon "I hope your bus breaks down" and Waylon retorting "I hope your plane crashes." Having that be your last words to a friend had to really suck (and reportedly haunted him the rest of his life).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

I remember the belt drive dentist drill to well . My parents dentist wasnt getting any of those new fangled air drills. He was retiring in a few years. My last visit he said"Well Roger a few more visits we will have you done". I replied "Roger is my brother I am larry". He replied I must have gotten the wrong chart, I wondered why I couldnt find a cavity in 18. All this without Novacaine My parents were Christian Scientist. Never went back.
I saw a comment about Jimmy Carter. We talked about his brothers Billy Beer today. There were bars that had dance contests. The winner got a six pack second place got two six packs Third place got three . Worst was you had to drink it there to go home.
How many kids suffered through getting Levis {Button only} a few sizes to big because they shrunk so bad. Sitting in a bath tub of hot water turning blue so they would shrink to you. The other kids laughing about wearing your older brothers pants.
How about the 1950 Studebaker that had the syarter button under the clutch pedal so you could start it even in gear

Hi sherm,

57 states? Do you mean 47?

Re: mjosparky

Give him a break, he's an old fart.

:P

it was 48 stars after I was born . I had a49 star flag that was only good for one year , I wish I still had ii . Then the 50 from then on.
Detroit had electric busses in the 50's . How many drove a 57 Chevy in 57 {scary brakes fade was terrible}
I love Annette Funicello but didnt want anyone to know I watched Mickey Mouse Club . Remember American Bandstand from Phiadelphia"
JerryBaumchen
I'm so old my fart has quit stinking

Hi joe,

JerryBaumchen

I hadn't been born yet,

So you're not an old fart.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Cable TV:S Rabbit ear's, second line of defence add aluminum foil for custum tuneing.:P Third option "thump it,

Last option: Open up the back of the tv /radio and look for a tube that wasn't glowing. Take it in for testing and get a replacement.

I had an early Sony color TV that would "green out" from time to time. I found that if I opened the back and whacked the gun end of the picture tube with a screwdriver handle it would return to normal for about 2 weeks before greening out again.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Flight attnedents were called stewardess SP?/:$ I don't remember any that were "Old" over 25-30.. Now there are flight attendents that are dudes :o and some women attendents that have lots of flying hr'sB|

And some that you may not be sure about: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/17/pc-air-transgender-flight-attendants:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

If they hand me a cup of ice and a can of coke on each flight I really don't mind. I've never gotten on an airline flight with the intention of getting laid anyway.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

So you're not an old fart.

That's a very relative term.

To you, probably not.

To the teenagers that live in my neighborhood, most definitely (although they think I'm at least sort of cool because I jump).

And some that you may not be sure about: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/17/pc-air-transgender-flight-attendants:ph34r:

I don't see any problems with it as long as they have minimum stds regardless of gender(s).

"The airline has just recruited an additional 30 attendants – but of the five kathoey applicants, only one got a job.

"The other ladyboys' English was good, but their looks no good," said cabin crew manager Natcha Mitsumoto. "You still have to look like a lady to work here."

:)
One Jump Wonder

"The other ladyboys' English was good, but their looks no good," said cabin crew manager Natcha Mitsumoto. "You still have to look like a lady to work here."

:)

And that just calls for...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE
B|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Flight attnedents were called stewardess SP?/ I don't remember any that were "Old" over 25-30.. Now there are flight attendents that are dudes and some women attendents that have lots of flying hr's

...and now they've turned the Cockpit into a Box Office! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Remember when an 'electronic game' was vibrating football players!

And then we had Rock 'em Sock 'em boxers, then Pong.

Edit : I just did a Google search and realized they're still being made. Oh, well.