deltron80

derogatory term for skydiver

You guys really think we give you course corrections? just bump the rudder in the direction indicated and wiggle the plane and you guys are happy! ;)

But then again some of us are also skydiving jump pilots and we also know how to spot/look down!

~ Few years back doing a demo out of a DZ's 182 with the DZ pilot...
A team member gave several course corrections, demo spots ARE critical into congested cities.

The tail wiggle wasn't doin' it so the guy spotting put a hand on the wheel and turned it 15 degrees right like we needed...we exit & land.

Hour later back at the DZ...:o>:(

Pilot called a local fed to complain, so he was there waiting for us. The guy spotting is a jump pilot for 35 years, a CFI, has 20,000 hrs in corporate jets as chief pilot...he has to apologize and write up a report, and promise never to do that again.

Well..we're professionals and don't want to make waves so we are sincere and go way above and beyond to smooth things over...right up until the tail wiggler asks about a possible corporate seat from the guy he just sicked the feds on! :S

"Wouldn't work out, seen you fly and you suck, not to mention askin' me for a job 10 minutes after ya write me up with the feds over bullshit ...tells me ya ain't real fuckin' smart either!" :ph34r:

I've flown demos as well as jumped them, I give them a good lead in, usually make one run just to judge if there is any drift one way or the other, judge ground speed and then jumpers awaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!
And on any jump ship that they leave out the front door the pilot must always remember to do his jumpers away check list which consist of fuel selector check! keys, check! :P
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

You guys really think we give you course corrections? just bump the rudder in the direction indicated and wiggle the plane and you guys are happy! ;)

But then again some of us are also skydiving jump pilots and we also know how to spot/look down!

A team member gave several course corrections, demo spots ARE critical into congested cities.

The tail wiggle wasn't doin' it so the guy spotting put a hand on the wheel and turned it 15 degrees right like we needed...we exit & land.

Pilot called a local fed to complain, so he was there waiting for us. The guy spotting is a jump pilot for 35 years, a CFI, has 20,000 hrs in corporate jets as chief pilot...he has to apologize and write up a report, and promise never to do that again.

Well..we're professionals and don't want to make waves so we are sincere and go way above and beyond to smooth things over...right up until the tail wiggler asks about a possible corporate seat from the guy he just sicked the feds on! :S

"Wouldn't work out, seen you fly and you suck, not to mention askin' me for a job 10 minutes after ya write me up with the feds over bullshit ...tells me ya ain't real fuckin' smart either!" :ph34r:

I've flown demos as well as jumped them, I give them a good lead in, usually make one run just to judge if there is any drift one way or the other, judge ground speed and then jumpers awaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!
And on any jump ship that they leave out the front door the pilot must always remember to do his jumpers away check list which consist of fuel selector check! keys, check! :P

I was an Eagle Scout...always prepared! :)

Wore a spare key on a chain around my neck!! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I think DGIT is derogatory unless you are the one being called it. DIGTs probally think we are being endearing.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Hi Jim,
So, this supposed "jump pilot" that "wrote up" your frend to "the feds," the question I have about him is,"Where did he get his flyin' ticket, out of a Cracker Jack Box???????????????????"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Dear God

How many times did you get the 5 left followed by the 5 right;)
One Jump Wonder

Dear God

How many times did you get the 5 left followed by the 5 right

Years ago we had an old guy who had been around for yonks, who had a Phd in Chemistry, and was regarded as rather eccentric. (he used to jump a Volplane)

He used to give very full and correct corrections to the pilot, starting miles away from the DZ....."Pilot, 5 degreees right, pilot 15 degrees left"....that sort of thing.

One day the Jump pilot kept track of his corrections, and added them all up.

They totalled over 180 degrees....we had a few laughs about that....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Dear God

How many times did you get the 5 left followed by the 5 right;)

Nothing wrong with that, for example, if the plane is flying in the right direction (say directly into the wind on jump run) but is slightly off the wind line. You just want him to move to the left a shade. (probably more useful for doing accuracy under rounds back in the day than it is needed today.)

egomaniac
If you don't believe me, Take out a camera.

air pollution

DGIT

crazy

space cadet

Ok we have some good ones here. I'm compiling a list for a whuffo girl I'm trying to impress.

How about "flying fatty"?

hmmm....
"Human hail"

:P
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

Human hail

hmm..should work on a cold day

How about "flying fatty"?

Well...you know her better then I do, but most girls are a little sensitive about their weight. :$

Ok fair enough...how about 'hurtling hippopotamus'?

[compost]

this is good... I'm biased toward the gory ones.

Airtrash, skytrash, skysluts and parapigs.

classic...I will have to get myself an airtrash t-shirt

ejectable ballast

Ok this is in my top 3

"Meat bomb" is accurate from a pilot perspective.

In Germany, pilots who flew us call themselves "Deppenwerfer":
- "Deppen" (plural of "Depp") are morons, dorks, douchbags...
- "werfen" (here short for "abwerfen) - to throw out of the plane, to drop.

So they are douchebag droppers, huh? :PB|

BTW: We often call the glider pilots "Sperrholzsportler" - plywood jocks. I could accept being called "fabric jock" or "nylon sportsman" in return. B|
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks