deltron80

derogatory term for skydiver

Is there any derogatory term that our whuffo friends can use instead of "skydiver"? I don't think I've ever heard one, but I'm sure they would like a better comeback when we call them whuffos.

The whuffo would have to be up on skydiver culture, but "skygod" would work if used properly.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Not sure if it's derogatory but I have heard non-jumper pilots refer to skydivers as "meat bombs". I prefer "asshole".

"Meat bomb" is accurate from a pilot perspective. A jump run is not all that different than a bombing run. I don't see it as insulting to skydivers at all though.

Now, having a 100 jump chump tell the pilot how to fly his jump run? That's just being a skygod.
quade -

Now, having a 100 jump chump tell the pilot how to fly his jump run? That's just being a skygod.

Hey, my 3rd five-second delay, they MADE me spot. :S
I actually got to give a couple of course corrections. It was fun.:)

Yeah, that's always "cute" in training, but try that with say, Mullins. ;) Good luck to you. ;)

BTW, "hundred jump chump" isn't something a whuffo can say and insult a guy with "only" a hundred jumps. ;)
quade -

The whuffo would have to be up on skydiver culture, but "skygod" would work if used properly.

Ah yes, I forgot about the old standby.

Not sure if it's derogatory but I have heard non-jumper pilots refer to skydivers as "meat bombs". I prefer "asshole".

Ok I forgot about that one too! Yes, I think 'meat bomb' might be the winner. I already get called asshole pretty regularly.

Mushroom Dangler was a favourite with non-jumpers when I was jumping rounds in the Army.

Ok...that's just wrong somehow.

"Nylon Nitwits" ---:D

/facepalm

Is there any derogatory term that our whuffo friends can use instead of "skydiver"? I don't think I've ever heard one, but I'm sure they would like a better comeback when we call them whuffos.

Lawn dart. But then again, I don't make a habit of calling them "whuffos".

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Well only 2 things fall from the sky, bird shit and fools.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I aspire to be an asshole!

And at most drop zones if you shout out, "hey asshole" virtually every up jumper will return with "what?"

Or, at least the old ones will.
quade -

You guys really think we give you course corrections? just bump the rudder in the direction indicated and wiggle the plane and you guys are happy! ;)

But then again some of us are also skydiving jump pilots and we also know how to spot/look down!

~ Few years back doing a demo out of a DZ's 182 with the DZ pilot...
A team member gave several course corrections, demo spots ARE critical into congested cities.

The tail wiggle wasn't doin' it so the guy spotting put a hand on the wheel and turned it 15 degrees right like we needed...we exit & land.

Hour later back at the DZ...:o>:(

Pilot called a local fed to complain, so he was there waiting for us. The guy spotting is a jump pilot for 35 years, a CFI, has 20,000 hrs in corporate jets as chief pilot...he has to apologize and write up a report, and promise never to do that again.

Well..we're professionals and don't want to make waves so we are sincere and go way above and beyond to smooth things over...right up until the tail wiggler asks about a possible corporate seat from the guy he just sicked the feds on! :S

"Wouldn't work out, seen you fly and you suck, not to mention askin' me for a job 10 minutes after ya write me up with the feds over bullshit ...tells me ya ain't real fuckin' smart either!" :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~