Tuna-Salad

How long till I crash?

My new toy. So how long till it is a pile of debris?

I give it two six-packs, not necessarily at one time.

Most RC models in up in a little lump eventually, all first RC models do right away in a much quicker fashion. :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Mr. McGuire: I want to say one word to you. Just one word.
Benjamin: Yes, sir.
Mr. McGuire: Are you listening?
Benjamin: Yes, I am.
Mr. McGuire: Rotor Blades.
Benjamin: Exactly how do you mean?
Mr. McGuire: There's a great future in Rotor Blades. Think about it. Will you think about it?

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

My new toy. So how long till it is a pile of debris?

Are those wooden blades? Carbon Fiber is much better, and 2.4 rather than FM. Looks like it is set up for FM. All helis crash eventually but scalies should last longer since hard 3D or flying isn't usually done. I own 2. A Trex450 Pro and a Trex600 Pro. Both Electric. The 600 I am turning into a Scale bird, the AS350. I am putting the 3 blade head on it as well. That one will eventually crash as well, but not for a long time. Hopefully. lol. How long did it take you to build that bird?
GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Crash or not, heli maintenance is like 10:1 for flight times. Set up is more important than your flying skills. Be like NASA before each flight. And don't fly if you're not feeling it today. It's not a plane.... there is not a second of rest. Trying to relax and not shake is the hardest part. Freefly advice is the same. Forget the sim. Teach yourself how to learn and start flying it like an airplane with constant rudder use. Good luck and we're all counting on you.B|

Oh and keep that thing away from you and keep others behind the fence.:o And I don't know about wooden blades. Get some cheap carbon blades fro HeliProz.com

I"ve gone through a few RC Helis:P. It took me about 6 months to get the training gear off my first 30-size nitro heli. I have flown and sold Century 30, Baron 30, Raptor 60 and now I just have a Blade 450 for my heli fix.

What others have said - go get a sim. Just an older one off e-bay is fine. I use RealFlight G3 because that works on my older computer. Also, go pick up a little inside heli like the Blade MCX. They are nice and stable but teach you how to coordinate your cyclic (aileron) with rudder better than flying planks. You will be surprised how much your scale heli flys like the CX I think.

And - Go find a heli coach. Have him check it all out and test fly. Nothing is more difficult than trying to fly a heli that isn't set up well;)

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

Funny enough I was just looking at a Blade as a toy to keep me occupied.... I was also looking at some of the new Quad rotor options for internal play since they seem a little more idiot proof with the gyros and other fancy options.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I like the Blade MCX a lot more than the little 3-channel w/gyro helicopters from China. Since the Blade MCX2 is out, the yellow one is only like $80 now.

They are great entertainment for the cats too;) Well, until they catch the heli:$

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!