lawrocket

RIP Levon Helm

Levon Helm died. For those of you youngins out there, Helm was the drummer and a vocalist for The Band. He could be heard singing lead on "The Weight" and "Up on Cripple Creek."

He was doubled as an actor, perhaps best known in these circles for playing Jack Ridley in "The Right Stuff."

A legendary musician has passed.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I saw The Band in 1974, at Barton Hall, Cornell University. We were about 30 ft back from the stage. They were absolutely stupendous ! The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down was only one of the many songs they performed.

Levon Helm was one of the greatest and most underrated American musicians of the 20th century. As was The Band - only two of whom are still living anymore (Robbie Robertson and Garth Hudson). I'm beginning to feel like my parents did, as I watch the great lights of our era going out, one by one. Our age is passing away, as all things must.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Levon Helm was one of the greatest and most underrated American musicians of the 20th century. As was The Band

Funny thing here, besides Levon Helm (who was US born in Arkansas), the rest of the original members of the "The Band" were actually from Ontario Canada. Underrated in America? Yes ... underrated Americans? Not quite. "Blame Canada, Blame Canada" (sung in my best Southpark voice) :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over