oldwomanc6

What's Your Ideal Mother's Day?

It's funny how perspective changes as life does.

Before I had Kids, Mother's Day consisted of all my sibs and my father taking my mother out to an overpriced Brunch.

When my Kids were small I used to joke that my ideal Mom's Day gift would be "Not to hear that word all day long".

Now that my Kids are grown and gone, having them near is a precious gift.

How about you all?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Waking up early to take care of the kid. Making pancakes and bacon for her while she sleeps in. Something she rarely has a chance to do.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

This is my first Mother's Day without my kids around, and I'm definitely missing them! So, my ideal day would be to have them near also.

Normiss is picking up the slack though. I'm an early riser and he's a late riser. But this morning when I went to get the paper, it was gone! Grrr, I thought, and went to get my computer to find the number to call for another one. As I walked through the house, I realized that Mark was gone too! (I didn't even notice his truck gone when I was outside. :ph34r:)

He had picked up the paper and he went on an errand, only I'm not allowed to know where he went and I'm not allowed in the Kitchen. He's up about 3 hours early and being sneaky. I'm not his Mom nor the mother of his children, but he's making sure I'm being treated special today in my kid's absence. He's all right. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon