JohnnyMarko

ME ME LOOOK AT ME!!!

I had to think a while if I really wanted to open a thread by JohnnyMarko wanting to show us something.:S;)

Congratulations!:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I had to think a while if I really wanted to open a thread by JohnnyMarko wanting to show us something.:S;)

Congratulations!:D

+1 (on both counts!) :P
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Congrats! B| Now what are you going to do with the rest of your life?

Well unfortunately, there isn't much demand for a Liberal Studies major with Environmental Science and Geography minors...I don't regret my degree choice at all but it sure is making finding a job difficult as fook. Anyone want to hire a young, ambitious, hard working, multi-talented college grad? ;)

Anyone want to hire a young, ambitious, hard working, multi-talented college grad? ;)

Sure! Tell her to send pics!:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Well unfortunately, there isn't much demand for a Liberal Studies major with Environmental Science and Geography minors...I don't regret my degree choice at all but it sure is making finding a job difficult as fook. Anyone want to hire a young, ambitious, hard working, multi-talented college grad? ;)

Memorize the phrase "Do you want fries with that?"
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Memorize the phrase "Do you want fries with that?"

For the OP: Graduating with a liberal arts degree in a tough economy with no real career plan (which was the situation I was in back in 1992, though the conditions weren't quite as tough as they are now), I'd see if you can get any kind of corporate job, even if it's in an admin position that you feel overqualified for. Do a bang-up job at that and it can be a springboard to something more challenging.

At my current employer we just promoted someone from an admin position into a project management role (she spent her time as an admin also earning a project management certification and taking on small projects as part of her job). I did basically the same thing in my first post-college job - started as a temp, was offered a full-time position as an admin, and worked my ass off at that for a year, taking on special projects, etc., till I was offered a chance to interview to join the consulting ranks. That one first opportunity has really helped to positively shape my career path for the 20 years since.

I know it's brutal out there. But if you can get yourself into an organization where there's more growth opportunities, even at what you feel like is a menial job, you may be better off long-term.

And BTW, congrats!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Iz official, I gradumicated college!!! B|B|B|B|B|

Now if you'll excuse me I must get back the 5 day drinking binge I've been partaking in since my last final on Wednesday

U iz edumuhkated! Congratulations! Enjoy your binge!!:)

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln