dzdummie

Closing Pin Necklace?

I was told that it was bad luck to buy one for yourself. I was given mine and my thought was that someone cares for me and wants me to 'keep it all together'.

I can't find mine. I ripped it off one night cause the cord was hot around my neckand I just flung it somewhere. So much for keeping it together. I still won't buy another for myself.
~~April

i have one from my hubby but my favorite is the one my daughter made for me ---- she did it as a project this year and made them for all of the girls at the dz this year.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I was told that it was bad luck to buy one for yourself.

I bought the beads and hemp that I made mine with. Does that mean I bought it for myself? :| I really like my necklace.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

we could argue about the political ramifications of a right facing tail versus a left facing tail... :ph34r: i've been told it doesn't mean anything, but is that the truth, or is there a conspiracy afoot here? [unsure]

No conspiracy...it faces the hand that you masterbate with. :D:D:D:D

TripleF

Just checked out Streakers, and he is gonna have to start practicing with that other hand...
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

TripleF

OMG I just checked mine, and YOUR RIGHT:o
:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

TripleF

OMG I just checked mine, and YOUR RIGHT:o
:ph34r:

+1 :$:$ That *can't* be just a coincidence!! :D:D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

What does this mean/standfor?, I am looking to buy one for one I like them, and two i plan on skydiving for the rest of my life. I would just like to know what a closing pin is and what it stands for on a necklace. thanks.

Jeff

Hi DZD,
Type in "Closing Pin Necklace" up in the search box and search the forums if you havn't already. Check out my post to "casch" In "How do you use your Closing Pin Necklace?" 25SEP08. Last but not least, do a "Pin Check" on your rig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o:o:ph34r::ph34r:;);) Walla!! a closing pin!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Just out of curiosity, DZ dummie posted this thread in July 2004, Why are we still trying to explain to them what a closing pin necklace is for? Its been a little over 5 years now.

Hi didjata',
Whadda' ya' askin' me for? Go ask Natty, shroppie and Dano why they posted????
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

now i feel stupid.

Aww, don't.:P

Anyway, I don't have one of those but Vskydiver wears them. One day, in the hardware store, another husband and wife were walking by when she stopped Valinda and said "You're a skydiver, aren't you?" Vskydiver was really puzzled because she wasn't wearing a skydiving shirt, then she remembered the pin. We must have talked skydiving for half an hour with these two, who were also very experienced jumpers. I enjoyed every minute of it. B|

So I say those closing pin necklaces are a good thing.

Now, I jump a pullout. Should I get a straight pin necklace?:P

Anyway, I don't have one of those but Vskydiver wears them. One day, in the hardware store, another husband and wife were walking by when she stopped Valinda and said "You're a skydiver, aren't you?" Vskydiver was really puzzled because she wasn't wearing a skydiving shirt, then she remembered the pin. We must have talked skydiving for half an hour with these two, who were also very experienced jumpers. I enjoyed every minute of it.

That's why I'd get one. It's like a secret handshake. Fellow skydivers know what it is, most non-skydivers don't. B| As much as I like my skydiving T-shirt, I sometimes feel like I'm being a show off when I wear it. Switching it for a pin necklace would solve the problem.
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

Anyway, I don't have one of those but Vskydiver wears them. One day, in the hardware store, another husband and wife were walking by when she stopped Valinda and said "You're a skydiver, aren't you?" Vskydiver was really puzzled because she wasn't wearing a skydiving shirt, then she remembered the pin. We must have talked skydiving for half an hour with these two, who were also very experienced jumpers. I enjoyed every minute of it.

That's why I'd get one. It's like a secret handshake. Fellow skydivers know what it is, most non-skydivers don't. B| As much as I like my skydiving T-shirt, I sometimes feel like I'm being a show off when I wear it. Switching it for a pin necklace would solve the problem.

Same thing happened to me in an airport duty free store, French guy asked if I were a skydiver, we chatted for a while, nice bloke:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I sat in on the introductory meeting of a university student skydiving club. It was being hosted by several of the existing members. One guy who was talking to us at the time showed us his closing pin necklace:

"... yea, I wear this to show that I'm a skydiver, that I'm passionate about the sport. It will always be part of me. It means a lot - this thing saved my life twenty times."

On that emotional note he handed the floor to his colleague, who began by clarifying, "Cool, well I don't wear one of those because I'm not gay."

To each their own but if I'm going to wear jewelry I'd rather get dressed up for a night on the town and wear the classy stuff if I could afford it. Don't have a need to advertise to skydiver or non-jumper that I jump by wearing necklace. It's cool if that's your thing not knocking it just not for me.