virgin-burner

closing pin necklace - do you wear one!?

I wear my closing pin on my silver neck chain every day. I received mine from some Veteran Jumpers here at my DZ and it’s something that I never take off, that’s how much it means to me.
I find that only my fellow jumpers here and around the world are the only people who know what it is. And I find that to be really kool when it is recognized when I am out of town somewhere. I also find that it is a symbol of a bond for a sport that only a select few of us on this planet have and understand.

Good Answer Good Answer
Stop Touching Me!!!

Muff Brother# 4466

I used to wear one, but not anymore. With the "gay movement" these days, the general population thinks the closing pin is a homosexual symbol.

not secure enough in your own manliness then
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I wear my closing pin on my silver neck chain every day. I received mine from some Veteran Jumpers here at my DZ and it’s something that I never take off, that’s how much it means to me.
I find that only my fellow jumpers here and around the world are the only people who know what it is. And I find that to be really kool when it is recognized when I am out of town somewhere. I also find that it is a symbol of a bond for a sport that only a select few of us on this planet have and understand.

Good Answer Good Answer

That is cool when that happens. I was on my honeymoon in the Bahamas (no dz there anymore) and the new wife and I were at the Dolphin experience at Atlantis and a dude just walks up to me and asks "where do you jump?" I was like how did you know I jump and then it hit me I was rocking a PD shirt. Not a necklace but still the same thing... pretty cool.

Edited to add... I voted boobies ;)
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

i was thinking about maybe getting a three rings necklace. not sure i want a clpsing pin one....everyone has them!
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Whatever floats your boat. Closing pin jewelry doesn't float mine and has no meaning to me. I don't need to have a secret code with other skydivers. Usually if I'm at a social place and it is approppriate to the conversation then I will bring it up. Sometimes I meet other people that are interesting and their stories are great that I just listen. So if I buy jewelry it will be real jewelry for a fun night on the town.

So if I buy jewelry it will be real jewelry for a fun night on the town.

What's "REAL" jewelry (jewellery) and how does it facilitate a fun night on the town.

Jewellery is nothing more than an adornment, can be fashioned from any material in any manner.

I'm very interested to know how it makes for a "fun night on the town though" :ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

:D:DDude, we'll never understand. Don't even try because they can't explain it either.:ph34r:
I think it's like the shoe thing or something. Wait, never mind.:|

If yoy guys and gals want to wear a closing pin necklace by all means wear it. I prefer my Claddagh ring, my Tigers eye ring and my watch. I would get a chuckle from a bowler who wears a minature bowling ball or bowling pin necklace (and most certainly someone must make them) just like I get a chuckle from the closing pin necklace but I keep my chuckles discreet.

:D:DDude, we'll never understand. Don't even try because they can't explain it either.:ph34r:

If yoy guys and gals want to wear a closing pin necklace by all means wear it. I prefer my Claddagh ring, my Tigers eye ring and my watch. I would get a chuckle from a bowler who wears a minature bowling ball or bowling pin necklace (and most certainly someone must make them) just like I get a chuckle from the closing pin necklace but I keep my chuckles discreet.
but you wear an antiquated irish motif and a kids marble for jewellry:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

but you wear an antiquated irish motif and a kids marble for jewellry:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Yep. And don't care what you think about it.

I wore one for a while that I bought from Tammy Carbone. It's really beautiful and one of the very few pieces of jewellery I own. Hardly ever wear it anymore, but still really love it.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Told ya they can't explain it. But it's for a fun night on the town.

And they wonder why we just look at the boobies.:ph34r:

NOW BOOBIE jewellery, THAT can be a Fun night out:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?