shah269

Gary Connery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi out there,

I caught an interview with him today on NPR.

He said that they had three tiers of boxes.

1. Smaller ones on top tier
2. Somewhat larger on 2nd tier
3. Even larger on 3rd tier

He said that he only 'crushed' down to the 2nd tier.

Take away one box & what do you get? Take way two boxes & what do you get? Take away . . .

JerryBaumchen

Thats kinda cool. So he had room to spare. Good for him.

i would not call it "room to spare" he may not have crushed down tol the 3rd level, but that level would have still absorb some of the impact force.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Must...resist...temptation...
www.dropzone.com -> Forums -> Incidents -> "UK - 2012 May 23 - No deployment on wingsuit jump"
>:(

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Must...resist...temptation...
www.dropzone.com -> Forums -> Incidents -> "UK - 2012 May 23 - No deployment on wingsuit jump"
>:(

LMAO
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Apart from anything else, you have to admire they guy for
PUTIING UP, he said
Im doin THIS,.

and Fuck me if he didnt do it.

No postponing ad nauseum, no half dozen failed attempts, no 12 month media beat up.

Good for him,
Im yet to see anything from after the landing (impact) though.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

its unbelievable how slow those apaches can get, he was flying but then a few moments before impact , or landing, i should say, you can see his AOA get steep and the wingsuit stalls out, it looked like he was only going about the speed of a car on a highway............

i was unbelievably impressed. whats to stop someone from landing on one of those giant, inflatable bouncy things that they put under suicide jumpers? (on a much larger scale of course)
gravity brings me down.........

Svery time i think of landing a wingsuit with no parachute i wonder that exact same thing. Just get an indistrial sized inflatable crash pad and go at it. But then im no engineer. . . Im sure theres a reason.

Or what about a giant foam pit like they use to practice big air stunts and stuff?
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I bet Jeb is pissed.

"Truly amazing, nothing but total respect. Congratulations. Every time I think something is totally impossible I am proven wrong. Thank you bro for showing us :)

Jeb"

Apparently not! (taken from the WS forum).