guppykf

Flipping Bird!

Friday night I was ready for a weekend filled of jumping; I got my reserve repacked, the weather looked phenomenal, good friends and lots of jumping was in store for me all weekend long. However, my mom follows the superstition if a bird flies into your window its a death warning, so last Saturday I was driving to the DZ and out of nowhere a cardinal hit the windshield.

Well instead on my first jump of the day I decided to reach for my landing versus fly the landing; therefore, my foot and knee decided to have a conflict of interest and pop went the knee. Today I went for an MRI and found that I shredded my ACL and strained my MCL. So now I get the wonderful privilege of surgery and lots of physical therapy and being out for the rest of the season! I must have only injured the bird; therefore, it decided to do the same to me (sarcasm)

Flipping Bird!!
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

Funny you said that! Yep, that's exactly the first thing she said. "I knew you were hurt yourself doing that! I don't know why you insist on living dangerously." I tried to explain to her this is such a common industry in even the safest of sports or no sports at all, just a twist can pop it.
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

Well instead on my first jump of the day I decided to reach for my landing versus fly the landing;

Man, sorry you got hurt, esp. at the beginning of the summer. Sucks.[:/] Just always remember, there's no skydive that you can make where you can't get hurt. That little thought helps me to focus my ADD mind. :D

I haven't mentioned it in the Bonfire yet, but I'm back to jumping after taking 6 months off this winter due to shoulder surgery. It's going pretty well. I don't have 100% of my strength back, but it's getting there. :)

My AFF instructor gave me the nickname Guppy when I was on student status. All my videos show me flying with my mouth open and my cheeks inflated. Its quite funny to see. I cant lie but on occasion I am known to be caught when I alternate from my full face to my open face helmet.

Thanks for the well wishes! I hope to be back in the sky soon!
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

Yes, I agree. Stupidly I was reaching for the pin point marker instead of using my flying abilities to get me to the marker; 100% human error. Kicking myself in the bum repeatedly.

Glad you are back at it and surgery went well. That first jump back were you hypersensitive regarding your shoulder or did you just relax and jump?
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!