nigel99

stressing out

I'm feeling super stressed so any positive vibes or good jokes appreciated. The company I work for is being bought by a US defence company and because I was born in a listed country I will be losing my job.

In Perth the jobs that I am properly qualified for (rf/electronics design) are in defence and as a non Australian citizen closed to me. I've designed telecomms systems and expected that the skills shortage would let me 'downskill' to repairing the stuff. There are loads of jobs repairing, but it is a struggle to find a match.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Thats a bugger Nigel.

A little known fact for your job hunt.

Harvey Ball invented the smiley face :)

Thanks. If it comes to the worst, I'll sell the wife and kids and get my packer B:P
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

How does all of this work out with regards to the visa you are on?
Are you work or state sponsored?

There is heaps of work here for anyone willing to work.

I'm a permanent resident. Yeah I know there is work its just finding something that fits what we need. Worst case I can fall back on being a licensed sparky on the mines. Would hate that though - been nearly 20 years since I worked at that level - also came here to spend more not less time with family...

Thats a bugger Nigel.

A little known fact for your job hunt.

Harvey Ball invented the smiley face :)

Thanks. If it comes to the worst, I'll sell the wife and kids and get my packer B:P

Don;t sell. Pawn. You might need them back later.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

How does all of this work out with regards to the visa you are on?
Are you work or state sponsored?

There is heaps of work here for anyone willing to work.

I'm a permanent resident. Yeah I know there is work its just finding something that fits what we need. Worst case I can fall back on being a licensed sparky on the mines. Would hate that though - been nearly 20 years since I worked at that level - also came here to spend more not less time with family...

[phone rings]
- Hello! Nigel's Consulting Company. How may I help you?

Ummm...I need help with computer systems design.....

[puts on nerd hat]
-You've come to the right place. I can help with that.

...and electronics repair...

[puts on hair net hat]
-You've come to the right place. I can help with that, too!

...in my mines.

[puts on hard hat]
-You've come to the right place. I can help with that, too!

So simple even an Aussie could do it.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Andy, :P

In the UK it was standard practice for design engineers to rework their own prototypes. After about 5 years of running the consultancy I got pissed off with poor quality soldering losing us days of time. Dana went on a couple of soldering courses and took the bulk of that stuff over.

But you realise electronics is just smoke and mirrors? Its all pretty simple. Keep the smoke in and it works, once the smoke gets out its broken.

Well some good news. It seems that my skills are in enough demand that the defence guys are prepared to put through extra paperwork to try and get me waivered in.

Wait till I give popsjumper as a character reference!!

Well some good news. It seems that my skills are in enough demand that the defence guys are prepared to put through extra paperwork to try and get me waivered in.

I'll ring a few ex Mil mates for you,

That should have you on a plane back to Rhodesia in no time :D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Cool you've got a time machine:o

Cool you've got a time machine:o
and a Sonic screwdriver ;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?