Nataly

unlikely injuries...

This is fun, I'll play....

PIERCINGS
-caught my nipple piercing on corner of the car door when getting into car.

BUNK-BEDS
-Fell off of top bunk. Caught underwear/back on coat hanger...underwear/back ripped.

TOE
-Broken big toe playing soccer.

FACE:
-Rolling/Flipping car accident. Flying tackel box in backseat left pretty large gash on face.

LEG:
-Playing with knife as a kid. Tossed knife in air. Landed point down in thigh.

WRIST:
-Broken in 7 places. Bad landing. First BASE jump.

TAILBONE:
-Cracked on bad landing. Skydive.

ELBOW:
-Fractured playing frisbee on tennis court in flip-flops.

FINGER:
-Cut to bone from falling bathroom tile.

WANG:
-Had the toilet seat drop on it and smash between the seat and toilent. B|

BACK:
-Used to enjoy sliding down carpeted stairs as kid. New carpect still had tacks in it...lacerated back.

BRAIN:
-Numerous injuries. :S:D

oh lord. lets see. . . ive got a ton.

concussion sledding, by trying to stand up on the sled, 2 backflips later i hit the ONLY tree on the entire hill, solidly with the back of my head.

road rash and tons of bruises from "car sledding" we towed a old car hood behind a car on a snowy/icy day. wound up wrapping it around a brick mailbox.

scraped my chin trying to do a a doubble backflip on the diving board at the pool i worked at. i jumped UP instead of OUT, and almost face planted, i threw my head back JUST in time and clipped my chin. the guard in the chair thought i was a goner so she dove in as i hit the board, and once she found out i was OK she screamed at me for a good half hour for scaring her so much.

umpteen thousand concussions from various mosh pits at heavy metal/punk concerts.

broken hand from punching a idiot crowd surfer who thought it was a good idea to flail around seeing who he could hit while in the air, who ended up kicking me in the head. bouncer at the show saw it all, and threw him out, haha.

cracked a few ribs falling out of a tree i was climbing.

got hit by a sled laying behind a ramp we built. i thought it would be cool to have a friend jump over me on an untested ramp. snow wasnt packed well enough and he went THROUGH the ramp, and plowed into me good. not sure what i injured but i hurt like hell for a good week.

numerous injuries from flipped 4 wheelers.

the list goes on, ill see what else i can come up with later, :)

EDIT: just remembered. when i was 8 i got hit in the head by a ceiling fan while leaning over the top of a bunk bed. knocked me out of the top and onto the floor.

and i ripped my left earlobe in half by catching a horseshoe shaped earring on the top of a car door while getting in. thankfully my aunt is a doc who owns her own clinic. she got her PA to stitch me up.

Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Fell off a roof, two inch laceration on my left leg, mild concussion, and f`d up back (in bed for 4 days).

Fell down a flight of stairs, broke 3 toes.

Fell down a flight of stairs, injured back.

Numerous cheerleading falls, 3 concussions and a mild contusion.

Car bashing, slid on the underbody of the car into the wheel well (car was upside down), 3" laceration to my right leg.

Leg wedged between a curb and corvette exhaust pipe - 2nd degree burns to the back of my leg.

Not really an injury, but one of my not-so-bright moments... Overdosed on sleeping pills (I was 4 years old), passed out in my pancakes.

Was sledding down the street in the winter, one of the neighborhood boys broke my nose.

:)

g

Damn! Girl! You're much worse than Skymama! I didn't think that was possible! :o:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Built a full race Lay z Boy in a buddy's hangar once...Framed undercarriage with 4 car batteries and a GMC truck starter driving the rear wheels, chain drive with 5 speed sprocket. B|

Lost the steering goin' full out one night & rolled it...tee shirt and cut-offs do little to fend off road rash! :ph34r:

Twardo what the hell happed to YOU?
~fell outta my chair last night.B|:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

As a kid I fell headfirst into a metal garbage can, and got a big gash on my eye ( bled like a stuck pig)

Broke my foot trying to put a C9 down near the clubhouse. Missed and landed on a busy road, the injury was sustained trying to run out a C9 landing to get off the road quickly...

My son last week. Bmx from about 4 foot in the air, managed to land all his weight on the tip of his thumb between the handlebars and ground. Ripped the nail off and crushed the bone...
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

My son last week. Bmx from about 4 foot in the air, managed to land all his weight on the tip of his thumb between the handlebars and ground. Ripped the nail off and crushed the bone...

Ouch! I did that when I was 12 or so. Bike brake locked up (thanks so a plastic bag that was kicked into it - long story!) ... flipped the bike and all but my right index finger cleared the handlebars as they were slammed into the road. Bone out, finger crushed! Chin was sliced open to the bone. It didn't even hurt until I turned my hand over and saw it. Then, it hurt like a bitch!
"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" ~ Helen Keller

Funny how it dont hurt till ya look at it, eh?

That's so true. When my daughter was 2, she took off like a bat out of hell in the local home improvement store. Ran straight into a door on a frame on a cart. Cracked her forhead open.

I picked her up and went straight to the bathroom. She was fine until she saw the blood (hers) all over me. Total two year old freak-out.

Ahh! Kids. I'm glad they're grown, now. B|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

hit by lightning: 16 yrs old in moms back yard playing in a tree. wind was blowing but no rian heard a buzzzzzz the boom im flying through the air and spriand my ankle when I hit the ground.

Hit by lightning 2: Was on rear area security lightning hit our 292 antenae and went from the antenae to me to the radio. burned my right shoulder and my right big toe. toenail still doesnt grow right!

hit by lightning: 16 yrs old in moms back yard playing in a tree. wind was blowing but no rian heard a buzzzzzz the boom im flying through the air and spriand my ankle when I hit the ground.

Hit by lightning 2: Was on rear area security lightning hit our 292 antenae and went from the antenae to me to the radio. burned my right shoulder and my right big toe. toenail still doesnt grow right!

WIN!

WIN!

+1 Holy Crap! Stay inside nextime. >:(
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

This is fun I've got a few.
Knuckle, right hand: laid open clean to bone at age 12, looked like cut chicken, bled surprisingly little actually. How? Homemade power tool I'd created from toy parts. With no blade guard. Blade being a 3 inch razor spun at 25,000 rpm. I just HAD to try cutting foam rubber with it...blade bounced off. Into hand.

Tailbone: Age 15. Rollerskating. Taken out by tiny 4 year old redhead child apparently born on skates travelling at 956 mph in a confined area. The child never touched me...far too skilled for that... but the zigzag pattern a highly energetic human being only 3 feet tall can create took me out anyway. Crawled off the rink. Had to ride a bicycle home. No parents available at the time. Not fun.

Finger, right hand, impaled on sword, age 18: Not much to tell. Rapier fight with 6 lb iron swords with only slightly blunted tips. Yanked my hand off the blade, examining the entry hole it took me a minute to flip the hand over and realize the blade had skidded around the bone and punched right out the other side. Oops. Strangely, not only did it not get infected, it barely affected the hand at all. Finger got a little stiff for a couple of days and swelled slightly. No real pain. Didn't even lose significant use of the hand at the time, left a dimple scar entry and a tiny slit exit.

Heart: Age 30 Butched a landing of a reserve in bad wind conditions. Was flared to below the waist by impact with no significant slow of ground rush. Hit feet-hands-ass driving my knees into my chest hard enough to produce what turned out to be cardiac lacerations I.E. bruised heart when I folded up later that evening. Stop breathing for a few minutes and everybody freaks out. Spent the night in the ICU, beeping. Made out ok.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

This one was NOT me. RePeat, NOT. Picked up a patient the ofher night (im a paramedic) who had decided to clean his junk not once but TWO days in a row with floor stripper(being transported by ambulance both times) Causing minor-ish chemical burns.
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

At age 7, tried to block a swipe from my mom, broke my little finger on my left hand,
Aged 9, Broke my right collarbone playing hide and seek, took 2 days before my parents realised that my wincing was not playing,
Aged 15, broken nose - judo,
Aged 16, lost a front tooth fighting my best friend,
Aged 16, concussion from being thrown into the tatami at local judo club,
Aged 17, broken wrist - Judo injury,
Aged 19 and 364 days (day before I turned 20) - shot in left hand on SWA / Angolan border,
Aged 21, machete'd on left arm - SWA / Angolan border,
Aged 25, broken ribs doing karate,
Aged 32, broken ribs - ice skating.
Numerous other cuts and scrapes, from cycling, rugby, skiing

Was racing my 2008 Honda CBR1000RR on a trackday July 21st, 2011. Accelerated out of a turn too hard, and lost the rear tire at approx 120mph. I was wearing a full 1 piece Dainese leather suit, I didn't get road rash, but the heat from the friction gave me 2nd degree burns on my ass and palms.

After reading all these it appears we are a severely accident prone bunch. Starting to wonder if that may be a prerequisite in entering this sport?!

I'm surprised that some of the strange injuries have happened to several people!!! :D:D In any case, it's entertaining to read about everyone's mishaps!! :ph34r:

TOE (again)
Last week, my bf stubbed his toe on the wooden ladder that separates my 2 floors... I couldn't help but burst into laughter and he was horrified at my reaction... HOWEVER, he pissed himself laughing 2 hours later when I stubbed my toe in the exact same way!!! What a hypocrite!! :D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Damn! Girl! You're much worse than Skymama! I didn't think that was possible!

teeheee :)

I also sliced off the top of my thumb while slicing cucumbers at Sizzler. If the injury wasn't enough, they sent me to the hospital with a girl who gets faint at the sight of blood... I thought I was going to die in the car ride to the hospital... :ph34r:
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I also sliced off the top of my thumb while slicing cucumbers at Sizzler.

Ohhhh I forgot this one... I sliced the tip of my finger... And later found it in the banoffee pie I served to diner guests... :S:S I HOPE no one noticed!! :|
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Ohhhh I forgot this one... I sliced the tip of my finger... And later found it in the banoffee pie I served to diner guests... :S:S I HOPE no one noticed!! :|

remind me to never eat your cooking :ph34r::D

remind me to never eat your cooking :ph34r::D

:ph34r:

OH MY Nataly :o eeek
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Ohhhh I forgot this one... I sliced the tip of my finger... And later found it in the banoffee pie...

Why is it that every time Nat mentions food, I need to go google it?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.