Nataly

unlikely injuries...

A thread about jumping with jewelry made me think of this topic... So... Share your most weird/unlikely injuries for all to enjoy - if you have pics, even better :)
I don't have any bad ones... But I do have many!! Here are a few:

PIERCINGS
-caught my nipple piercing in the shower door a couple of years ago... NO IDEA how that happened!
-caught my belly-button (open) piercing in my ex's (closed) nipple piercing... Feisty-sex-injury... Hmmm...

DOORS
-sliced my hand open on a ROUND doorknob when I was at uni... Pretty sure NO ONE ELSE has EVER done that on my campus!

BUNK-BEDS
-broke my nose doing flips off of the upper bunk-bed... Overshot the flip and whacked my face against the underside of the bed...

TOE
-not sure if I broke it, but sure as hell hurt like a bitch... Dropped one of those Pin Art toys (see link) from the height of my face right onto my big toe... OWWWWWWWIE!!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

FLOORS:
- Badly sprained ankle because I was walking, and then I wasn't. On a very clean, smooth, tile floor in my own home.

PARACHUTE PACKING:
- lymphangitis from an infected blister when I was first working as a paid packer at a busy DZ.

SLIDES:
- broken fibula (spiral fracture) flying down a huge slide near my home as a kid, with waxed paper under my butt for extra speed. Didn't realize they put a new slipperier matting at the base of the slide, until I was spinning across it. Oops.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Cracked a rib on a bare-ass skydive when my cutaway pud flipped under the harness. Good thing I didn't have to cut away, though :o.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Fireworks
- placed two fireworks in one tube and tried to lite them at the same time. One wick came out and burned my arm. Still have a nice crescent shaped scar.

Alpine Slide
- Sliding down a concrete slide down a mountain. Slide went off the side of the slide and I kept going. Road rashed my calf, knee, shoulder, wrist, and 1 finger...why only one no idea, See pics.Still have nice reminder scars.

Dog
- playing catch in a pool, dog bit portion of my upper lip off trying to hand the ball back to me.

Oversized chair
-jumping from arm to arm in a chair with T.V in a seat busted my lip on said T.V...more stitches

Creek
-Halloween night when I was a kid; walking across a V-shaped tree with boards on it. fell into creek, board hit my head. Broke ankle.

Truck
-12 yrs old, new cordoroys and Back to the Future was the current film. Thought I could grab hold of the back of a truck while skateboarding...umm not as graceful as in the moves. Shredded cordoroys and more road rash.

I never considered myself accident prone until I started writing these out, luckily most of these were when I was a kid minus the firework and Alpine slide was last year, not including my ACL tear from last week...hmm maybe I need to invest in a bubble or helmets...nah bubble wrap is less expensive ;)

THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

Broke my skull when a friend of mine threw a stick we were using as a goalpost at my head.

Fin cut on my leg surfing.

Broke my thumb when I fell on a dry ski slope and accidentally stuck it in one of those hexagonal brush things.

Busted knuckle falling through the ceiling doing DIY in the house.

Broke my skull when a friend of mine threw a stick we were using as a goalpost at my head.

Fin cut on my leg surfing.

Broke my thumb when I fell on a dry ski slope and accidentally stuck it in one of those hexagonal brush things.

Busted knuckle falling through the ceiling doing DIY in the house.

Adam - I am *sure* that stick was not deliberately aimed at your skull!! :D:D

How's the new bathroom DYI going?! :)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I'm almost 40. I realize that the "unlikely injuries" of my youth are now the "expected injuries" of my daily existence.

You still have the energy to jump from chair-to-chair and/or do flips off of bunk-beds??!!! :D:D:P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I injured my neck and shoulder a couple of months ago on the first landing in a bounce house. It was there for my son's birthday. Kids wanted me to come inside. I jumped, perfect back landing and fucked up my neck and shoulder.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Oh dear... :S:D

Just remembered this one:

My ex was an officer in the Military for a while and one of his soldiers once came back from R&R with a broken knob... Yep... A broken knob... Just to make the guy sweat, he said "right, let's have a look, then"... Horrified, the soldier proceeded to unzip his trousers and my ex yelled "jesus, soldier, I don't want to see your fucking knob - put that thing away!" (And then he and his mates probably all laughed the minute this guy was out the door!!!) No points for guessing how *that* injury happened... :ph34r:

- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I got cut by a spoon once..... :$

My friends were playing the card game spoons and I was being a dick and stealthily stealing the spoons while not playing. So they would end up with 3 or 4 people without spoons instead of one. So finally one of them got fed up and threw the spoon at me. Hit me right between the eyes on the bridge of my nose and opened up a little gash. B| thankfully no scar though.

Canyon Floor: Broken hip socket and scapula when i decided to go rock climbing in Taos, NM while waiting for the raft I was going whitewater rafting in to fill up.

Evil Trees: I got a piece of wood the size of the top digit of my pinkie lodged in my scalp this past St. Patrick's Day when I was walking home from the pub after 8 hours of car bombs, Bodington's and jello shots. Not real sure what happened but my friends say I tried to jump a guard rail that had a 15 ft drop on the other side. I woke up laying against the tree with said stick in my head.

2 ACL tears in college playing football

1 trip the the emergency room after wrecking a kid's bmx bike and eating a rock. (alcohol involved again)

1 wicked bad friction burn from my legs straps during a speedo jump a couple of weekes ago.

I could go on and on.

Dislocated shoulder -
Drunk bicycle riding. Picture LaughIn tricycle scenes.

Front tooth knocked out -
Surfing.

Compressed disc in neck -
Hang gliding.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Bloody nose from a boogey board. Not in the ocean, but in the sky.

Note to self: Cheap styrofoam boogie boards may break in half during opening and smack you in the face.

I still landed with it.
If you're not living on the edge; you're taking up too much room!

I broke my arm slipping off a log and falling in a mud pit.

One week later I was rushing down the stairs, lost my balance, and broke my toe.

A week later I got an ear infection.

While having a broken arm, toe and ear infection, I was trying to move a couch in the living room, and slammed my head on the corner of the couch and now I got a scar behind my hair line by my right ear.

Tore a muscle on my ribs after a hard long day of skydives at Moss Point, MS. I was already done skydiving and had just finished packing up my stuff, and felt the need to stretch, so I arched back with my arms straight out, and felt a pop in my abdomen. I knew immediately something was wrong, though it didn't hurt that much. Four hours later when I got home I was in agony.

Cracked a rib while standing behind and over a dining chair when something started to fall off the table and my reflexes to catch it took over.

While at The Farm with a good beer buzz going at the bonfire, I was standing around while another guy started stoking the fire with a big long log, and without realizing I was behind him, cracked me in the forehead with the log. I still have the scar. :D

There are many more, but I've probably posted about them already.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Fell off a roof, two inch laceration on my left leg, mild concussion, and f`d up back (in bed for 4 days).

Fell down a flight of stairs, broke 3 toes.

Fell down a flight of stairs, injured back.

Numerous cheerleading falls, 3 concussions and a mild contusion.

Car bashing, slid on the underbody of the car into the wheel well (car was upside down), 3" laceration to my right leg.

Leg wedged between a curb and corvette exhaust pipe - 2nd degree burns to the back of my leg.

Not really an injury, but one of my not-so-bright moments... Overdosed on sleeping pills (I was 4 years old), passed out in my pancakes.

Was sledding down the street in the winter, one of the neighborhood boys broke my nose.

:)

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Loading a spear gun with it braced against swish pants it slipped off and spun around....the spear went into my wrist about a half inch and took a good chunk of meat out of me. The band also tore the tendon in my thumb when it slipped off my pants and swung around.
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Probably one of my weirdest injuries happened when I was walking in old town Anapolis. A car full of teens drove by and chucked an egg out the window and burned rubber. The egg hit me so hard I thought I'd been shot in the stomache. :S

It didnt break until it bounced off and hit the ground.

I had a bruise that didn't fade for over four months.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

At age 6 the dentist slit my tongue open with a drill and it had to be stitched back together. I still want nitrous at the dentist (at least that's my excuse).

I fell out my front door and broke a foot. I called my mom to take me to the ER. The first thing she said was, you should have gone skydiving today and not get hurt, it's a beautiful day. I love my mom :)