bigfall

MC-5 packing question?

I recently bought myself an MC-5 Halo rig so that I can start on my free fall training in the spring but the
guy that I bought the rig from did not send me the
packing manual and I was wondering if any of you might know where I might be able to get one. Also if there is a specific type of aad that I would need to
get so I can have it installed.

Thaks Jerry
STEP OUT AND FEEL THE RUSH!!!! LATER
SKYBOMB

you can do a google search and get the actual manual online but it's more for service and repair. I have them all on CD at home unfortunately. The manual that actually covers step by step packing instructins is restricted distribution if I rememebr correctly(not because of the packing instructions). Bottom line is if you flat pack it you will be good. I have pro packed them before but Dalilama has said that he has had pro packed mc-4/5 chutes damaged as a result. We had the discussion on here before, it shoud be easy to find.

As for the aad, you will have to get you container modified to accept a civilian aad unless you also have an FF2/AR2 that came with your rig. I won't even go into how to set them as it may not be applicable and it will take a while to write. If you do have one let me know and I can square you away.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

And so just how big is bigfall that he requires an MC-5 Halo rig?

And if he's over 200#... he needs to be thinking about the Anvil Brothers

;)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Hey BIFGUN I think I talked to you awhile back when
I first started jumping. I work construction and I use to do alot of weight lifting . I weigh 262lbs and would
be very interested in the anvil brothers.

Thank Jerry
STEP OUT AND FEEL THE RUSH!!!!!!! LATER
STEP OUT AND FEEL THE RUSH!!!! LATER
SKYBOMB

Jerry,
Make sure you get a manual for the H/C you got so when you bring that to the loft it can get packed.
No one at SWC has ever packed one that I know of.
FYI you need the reserve packing inst. not real worried about the main canopy at this point, but any info you can get on the whole system will be a big help.

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I have a FXC 12000 aad on mine. It still has the ff2 aad holder on the container, I just left it b/c most people think it is a pistol holster:P I flat pack it roll each half of the nose 3 to 4 times sutff it in the center cell. I use tandem bands on the locking stows regular in the middle and outside, but I double the outsides. I have never had mine spank me this way. I have jumped propacks, and it opened up off heading more than the flat pack. The good thing about flat pack is that you dont have to hold all the material up while you flake and sort 370 Sqft nylon. I recommend that you have your rigger add a spandex boc,6-8' bridle and 34" Pilot Chute and change that thing to throw out deployment. It is so much nicer than ripcord, and only cost you about $100 if that.

Jerry,
Make sure you get a manual for the H/C you got so when you bring that to the loft it can get packed.
No one at SWC has ever packed one that I know of.
FYI you need the reserve packing inst. not real worried about the main canopy at this point, but any info you can get on the whole system will be a big help.

~

He will be getting 297 pages that cover everything known to man about the MC-4/5.:P
34 pages cover packing the reserve.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

He will be getting 297 pages that cover everything known to man about the MC-4/5.:P

Sparky

Cool, I was gonna try and send it from over here (Afghanistan)which could be a task in itself.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I know that you already have a copy of the manual, but here's a link for the MC-4 manual for anyone else that is needing it.

https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/data/A/069481.pdf

BTW, The MT-1XX that I jumped spanked me severely on every terminal opening. It even caused a small hernia on the last jump I put on it as well as bruises over 100% of my thigh from behind the knee to my hip.

The guy I borrowed it from swore that it always sniveled on him, so I don't know why I had the problems. I used a standard flat pack with the nose rolled past the A lines, but it still spanked me.

Blue Skies

with all the varibales possible and not knowing all the details the one thing that will make a MC series canopy open hard is worn out rubberbands(line dump) or a slider thats not pulled all the way up to the grommets(this usually happens during the bagging). Typically, with that size canopy and it's construction and the lines, openings aren't bad. Everyonce in a while though even I get what feels like a smacker. Inevitably what I have found is a d bag with broken rubber bands or a rushed pack job.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Good deal sparky you da man!:)I would hate to see the guy sitting on the ground any more then he has already because of no manual.

~

I've got it and he needs it. It's a no brainer. Glad to help. What comes around goes around.B|

I should be able to get it in the mail by Thursday.

Sparky

Sparky

Cool, I was gonna try and send it from over here (Afghanistan)which could be a task in itself.

Scott, you just worry about keeping your head down and making it home. We'll cover the small shit here.

Thanks for covering my 6.

Sparky

BTW, The MT-1XX that I jumped spanked me severely on every terminal opening. It even caused a small hernia on the last jump I put on it as well as bruises over 100% of my thigh from behind the knee to my hip.

If you stack pack just like the manual says, it opens sweet. I have deployed one at 26,000 to 27,000 msl with out a problem. Well just one, it was cold as a well diggers ass.[:/]

Sparky

Mine usually takes around 1000 foot to open. I have time to throw out pc look up, and count a couple seconds once I see slider comming down and everything looks good I give a quick look around to see where everyone else is. By the time I do that slider is down and I clear the brakes. You say you roll to the A lines are you just rolling all the nose cells in one large roll to the A lines, or are you telling me that you roll each half(3) cells to the A lines then stuff them in the center cell? I ususally make my rolls a tight 2 inches and roll that 3-4 times.

I no longer jump the MT-1XX. It was borrowed gear to get me back into the sport this summer. I had fresh rubber bands and I followed the MC-4 Manual that I had access to for packing. As I stated previously, all of my terminal openings (3 or 4) were extremely hard.

I then purchased a rig with a Falcon 300 (BTW, it is for sale in the classifieds). The Falcon also opened briskly, though nowhere near as hard as the MT-1XX. I was able to tame it some, by being very careful with the nose and the slider, however it was still always brisk.

I am now jumping a Navigator 280. It opens sweet, on heading everytime.

Having been out of the sport for 5+ years, my first thought was my packing technique, but I did follow the manual for the MT-1XX and I don't believe that my technique is any different than it was 5 years ago for my Sabre and Omega.

It doesn't matter anymore though. Problem solved. The Navigator is the perfect canopy for me to make my next 100 or so jumps on. I load it at just under 1.1 to 1 and hopefully as I loose more weight (40 lbs and counting) I'll be able to downsize periodically.