grimmie

Official NHL 2011/2012 thread!

Devils are snakebit. They get a pp and then a 5 on 3 with the high sticking penalty and promptly take a penalty themselves. Big opportunity blown. They are passing too much and seem tentative.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Goal Kopitar....pretty passing play that should have been blown dead for a hand pass. Snakebit.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

One win away! :)
Jersey just got smacked tonight. They just lost it in the second. Jersey has scored one goal (the other was off of Voynov's face) this whole series.

Never before in NHL history has a team gone up 3-0 in all four playoff series. Wow. This is just plain special.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Whether the Kings win tomorrow or it takes them another game or two the only question I have now is this:

Can they repeat?
--
Murray

I have four friends gonna be there tomorrow. I have two friends were there last night.

murray - depends on whether there's a season next year. The Kings aren't necessarily Cinderella. They were total underachievers until the last couple of months of the year. Then they became extreme overachievers in the playoffs.

Who are the Kings? Nobody's seen them yet.

I really hope that the league and players don't squander the positive pr coming from a Kings win. I don't know about all the contracts for the Kings but they sure have offence, defense and goaltending covered.
--
Murray

Carter and Richards were supposed to carry the Flyers to the Cup, now they are the second line:) kings will be just fine. Look at how many shootout points they lost. They were close to being the number one team. Look at their record since Carter arrived. Now add a full time Gagne.
Scot Parse was injured also, a high energy guy.
And with Quick, they are in all games.

Conn Smythe pick - Jonathon Quick. I think Brown has fallen out of contention in the Finals....he's contributed but just not as impressively as in previous series. Quick has been outstanding throughout.
--
Murray

Who I think has just been dominant it Williams. It doesn't show on the stat sheet.

Tonight was a bit of a let down. But I can't expect a sweep. The Devils adjusted, were more aggressive with the forecheck EXCEPT against Brown-Kopitar-Williams and they quit dumping and forechecking Doughty. The Kings' No. 2 lines (Both forward and Defense) had a pretty bad night.

Pancakes had a breakaway at the end I'm sure he wants back. The Devils were due.

And 4 posts by the Kings. Sometimes things go your way and sometimes not. Every game in this series, except Game 3, could have gone either way.

Are the Kings going to choke?
--
Murray

1942 or so Chuck....even before my time ;-) i just read that the last team that took it to 7 games after being down 3-0 was the Wings in 1945 who lost Game 7.

Devils are 4-8 in Games 1-3 and 10-1 in games 4-7 .... they have been getting better as each Series has gone on. In regulation, except for Game 3, Brodeur has given up 1 goal per game. He is a contender for the Conn Smythe and if the Devils pull off a win should win it imo.

I thought the Devils were done after Game Three but now I can see them winning. They seem to have the momentum and the bounces are going their way. Game 6 is going to be awesome!
--
Murray

1942 or so Chuck....even before my time ;-) i just read that the last team that took it to 7 games after being down 3-0 was the Wings in 1945 who lost Game 7.

Devils are 4-8 in Games 1-3 and 10-1 in games 4-7 .... they have been getting better as each Series has gone on. In regulation, except for Game 3, Brodeur has given up 1 goal per game. He is a contender for the Conn Smythe and if the Devils pull off a win should win it imo.

I thought the Devils were done after Game Three but now I can see them winning. They seem to have the momentum and the bounces are going their way. Game 6 is going to be awesome!

I really thought the Devils would get swept. They surprised a lot of people. Game six, like you said will be awsome as well as a nail-biter! :D I just think it would really be something for a team in the 'new' NHL to pull-off a come from behind 3-0 series and win it. I don't want to stick my neck out and say one way or another and jinx it.:D This is the good stuff. I'll be watching!!

Chuck